Monday, September 14, 2026

Menu Monday: Nourishing Body and Soul

 


Quick note to start this new week: I didn’t realize the first two links on Saturday were not working right. I never could get the first one exactly right, but I added directions to get you the rest of the way there. And the second link is now fixed!

                Ryan and I are still eating high protein right now, so some of these meals are going to look very familiar!

Monday: Ground Turkey and Green Beans

What We Loved: I am actually really enjoying this recipe and played with it a little this time. Ground turkey and frozen green beans – and this time I added a can of diced tomatoes and some mushrooms!

Tuesday: Salsa Chicken and Salad

What We Loved: This was a slow cooker recipe, so three cheers for that! I put a couple pounds of turkey breasts in, along with a couple of Tablespoons of taco seasoning and a 16-ounce jar of salsa. (We’ve been loving the mild organic salsa from Walmart.) It smelled SO GOOD and shredded nicely. Had a little garden salad on the side!

Wednesday: Leftover Ground Turkey and Green Beans

What We Loved: I was gone most of the day Wednesday, so it was helpful to be able to take leftovers to church and eat them before Bible study!

Thursday: Ground Turkey and Bell Peppers

What We Loved: Ground turkey with some oregano and Italian seasoning, and about 3 colorful bell peppers – cooked up in the skillet. Easy and delicious!

Friday: Pizza Night

What We Loved: I did not want to leave the couch and my documentaries, so Ryan brought home some pizza. We appreciated it, enjoyed it, and went back to our high protein.

Saturday: Cobb Salad

What We Forgot: Ryan forgot to put banana peppers on his! But we had mixed greens, cucumber, avocados, cherry tomatoes and peppers from our garden, egg, and chicken!

Sunday: Chuck Roast with Celery and Baked Asparagus

What We Loved: I put the roast in the slow cooker early in the morning, and by dinner, it was SO tender!! I baked some asparagus to go with it.

No comments: