Monday, March 20, 2017

The Date Inspired by The Letter D

Our alphabetical date quest continued this past weekend, and we did TWO in one weekend. And both were out of order. I need to sit down. Someone bring me a brown paper bag! (Kidding.) (Kind of.)

So we were originally supposed to do the "D" date two weeks ago on Friday night, but the theme for the night was the Double Date with Dinner Downtown, and the night we were scheduled to go, the other half of our double date had a family thing come up and they needed to reschedule. I was busy last Friday night, so that meant this "D" date ended up falling after the "E" date we did last Saturday morning.

Totally worth the wait, though!

First, let's talk about the "double date" part. We've not gone on a lot of those in our life, but we'd been intending to get together with our friends Mark and Kari ever since we moved to Kokomo, and it hadn't happened yet. Kari and I had gotten together to hang out, but never all four of us. So we made arrangements to hang out together for dinner, which took care of another "D."

There are a decent number of little restaurants in downtown Kokomo, and we had driven by Wings, Etc. several times, but had never been. Ryan loves wings, so I thought this would be the perfect time to give it a try.

And then he didn't order wings.

I guess that means he ordered etc.

Anyway. So this restaurant is way bigger than I thought it was. It's in a really cool old building with exposed brick walls and all, but the dining room goes allllllllll the way to the back of the whole building. And that would also be where they sat us! Right next to a very festive St. Patrick's Day bunch. (I'm talking green sequined berets, lighted flashing earrings and the whole bit.)

We have one of those discount cards for various businesses around town and at this place, you can get a free appetizer with the purchase of an entree. We got soft pretzels with cheese and I'd love to show you a picture but someone (ahem...who may be writing this post) was so hungry, she cared only about eating them!

I decided before we went that I wasn't going to worry about finding the healthiest thing on the menu, since that probably didn't even exist, and it could be treat night. I got something I never get anywhere, but really like: jumbo shrimp! For the record, I brought home over half the food in this picture and then split it with Ryan when I did eat leftovers!

Ryan, the lover of wings, got a wrap. LOL!!

It was also good that the restaurant had an assortment of TVs, because we accidentally scheduled this adventure smack in the middle of March Madness. (Shouldn't that be the M date???)

But we had a great time with Mark and Kari. (She's one of my extra sisters. Not related by blood, but I'd claim her as one!!)



Double dates are fun! We should do more of them!

(All the alphabetical dates so far are found here, if you need some ideas for your life too! 

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So fun! Those fries look amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am loving these alphabet dates! I admit I am gonna be super sad with the S date is not summer strawberry shortcake night. LOL

my favorite part of this whole post, was this...

"And then he didn't order wings.

I guess that means he ordered etc."

LOL LOL LOL
i just love you. happy monday! :)