Today we celebrate 51 months of marriage, and today I want to pause to honor Ryan with my words!
As you know, this has been a very weird year so far. Not a bad year. Just a weird year. (I'm looking at you, hospital visits!!)
This year we've been reminded in fresh ways that our best planning can be completely thrown out the window with unexpected emergencies.
This year we've learned to work well as a team, even when our normal best strengths are put aside for the needs at hand. (ahem: patient and nurse)
This year we've learned to pray boldly and hold our expectations and dreams loosely.
This year we've learned (again) how to power through utter exhaustion, as in the commuting days of yore.
(And the year has only just begun. EEK!)
But Ryan, you are the perfect fit of a teammate for me. I hope you know that. Thank you for being such a champion for Mom after the great surgery of 2017. Thank you for calling to encourage her, for making sure she got home safely, and for helping us arrange all the details that you instinctively knew about when we had no idea. Thank you for understanding the time I've needed to devote to helping and for not being mad when I've been tired or behind at our house.
Thanks for being the biggest champion of my work. Thank you for being excited when I get an invitation to speak or write and for always making sure I have enough time set aside in my schedule to do the prep work I need to do.
Thanks for studying the Bible with me, for our long theological discussions, and for praying with me every single day. Thanks for praying for me when you know I'm feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks for your huge heart for everyone. I learn so much from you and your generous spirit. Just the other day, when I asked about helping someone, your response (without hesitation) was "There's always room to help people in need." And you live that out. Always.
This has been a weird year, yes. But in the chaos, in the craziness, you continue to love well. You continue to set a great example for me and all those around you. I am so proud of you and thankful for you. I hope you know how much I've loved these last 51 months and how excited I am to see what God has ahead for us! HAPPY MONTHIVERSARY!!!!!
6 hours ago
5 comments:
You have such an amazing bond and relationship!
You guys make the best of every situation and seem to bring out the best in each other.
I love this! I also think it's cool you pray together EVERY day! We need to do better. we try before bed and we get so tired. It needs to be priority! I adore my hubby and we live in a sweet flow with each other and are together a ton! but we don't have any planned anything we do regularly, we just do stuff. haha. I love that you intentional with the things you do! from dates (planned ones, haha we haven't planned one in 20 years?) and the devotion time and other things you put so much intention into! It's very sweet and i love you guys!
XOXO
Happy 51 Monthiversary!!! I love this:
"There's always room to help people in need."
What a great life philosophy.
Thanks, ladies!! We had a good day, even if it was a chaotic sort of day! We still tried to be intentional and enjoy the day! (And Natasha, Ryan has lots of great life philosophies!!)
Post a Comment