Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tuesday Giggles

We may have had a low-key week last week, but NEVER FEAR!!! We found stories for you!! Podcast Tuesday is here!!

Tamar inspired me with her post yesterday, where she shared a stellar autocorrect moment her phone offered this week.

Ohhhh autocorrect. It's a love/hate thing, isn't it?? So funny and yet so maddening all at the same time. I thought it would be funny to scroll back through my phone and see what I've saved on there, not just from the world of autocorrect, but also random photos and memes that I keep just to make me laugh on a bad day. Who doesn't need a good Tuesday laugh, right?

Before I launch into my finds, I have to tell you about one of my most embarrassing texts that I wish I could blame on autocorrect, but it was really just a Bekah fail. This was back when I worked at the station. Jamie Grace had recently released her song "Hold Me," and if you've never heard it, it's just a fun, peppy tune. My friend Amy and I really liked it and joked that it was "our song."

One day I heard it playing during lunch, and Amy was at her desk, so I knew she could hear it, too. I texted her "Hey, it's our song!!!" She never responded, which I thought was odd, and when I saw her a few minutes later, I commented about that, and she just gave me the most puzzled look. "I didn't get a text from you," she said. I zoomed to my phone to see who I'd sent that to, and it just so happened I texted an author Lynne recently had on Mid-Morning. I'd had to text him regarding the show and somehow ended up replying to his text instead one from Amy. I was MORTIFIED, but so glad I didn't text him with the lyrics: "Oh, I love the way you hold me!" Ummmmm would have had some 'splainin' to do on that one!

(I did text him an apology, however, and he was gracious.)

Okay. Back to autocorrects and more. This one was from my early days of being a housewife...a little text from Ryan and a reply from me:
This one requires a bit of explanation. This is a screen shot from Facebook back in 2015. Wayne Seybold was the mayor of Marion (and also an Olympic figure skating competitor back in the 80's!) and someone apparently missed a letter in this message. It made me giggle, though.
I call this piece "Ryan learns to use the selfie stick."
I think I may have used this picture before, but it bears repeating. Last year's Mother's Day cake when Mom was determined to celebrate everything happening in everyone's lives in the month of May. It was a big cake.

A sign on the door of a restaurant in town. I made Ryan drive around the block so I could get a picture.

My billboard model days:


I am not going to post the screenshot of this because there are some not-Shafferland-friendly-words written by other people that are captured IN said screenshot, but this line was my favorite. It was on a scanner page on Facebook, on a post about a gas station robbery. A girl wrote, "He is a regular at the gas station I work at but I haven't seen him since I came back from maturity leave." LOL!!!!!!

First of all, this is TRUTH.

Texts between Ryan and me while I was gone at a retreat.



And finally, the last one came from last weekend, while Ryan and I were on our county tour. This came from when I was holding the table at the coffee shop and Ryan was trying to order our coffee:



Hope you enjoyed!! :) 

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Hahaha! Glad I inspired you!!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

LOL! I think the most embarassing that happened to me, was sending an email at work, a few years ago and missing one letter. Let's just say that the word that unfortunately came up, had something to do with intestinal gas...
:S

I've resend you the lost email!

Anonymous said...

These are great!

I love the cake, notice the sold sign for your house? :)

also... i love that your phone name for Ryan is Honeybadger. LOL

XOXO

Odie Boggs said...

Auto correct is my enemy. As you know I'm a horrible proofreader. I often have to send the corrective 2nd text.

Bekah said...

Tamar - Always! And not just with pictures!

Paula - SO FUNNY!! Sounds like something I would do!

Polly - Yes, the cake reflected both the purchased and sold homes. LOL! And yes, he's honeybadger. That was his nickname before we started dating, so it seemed like a good fit. LOL!

Odie - Ahhhh the corrective text. Humiliating and hilarious at the same time.