6 hours ago
Thursday, March 30, 2017
The Spring Capsule at the Halfway Point
A couple of weeks ago, I told you about my spring capsule (you can read all about it here, if you missed it) and even recapped my first two weeks of wearing ensembles from this particular capsule. I'm now halfway through the eight weeks of outfits and wanted to check back in to tell you what I'm loving and what I'm not loving!
Here are weeks three and four, recapped in a little less detail than I did the first time around.
Week Three:
(You can click on that to make it bigger if you want.)
Day One: I think this was my least favorite outfit so far. I just didn't love that shirt and skirt together. I felt like an overgrown junior high student.
Day Two: I had a speaking engagement on this day, so it was nice that it landed on a dress day!
Day Three: This was St. Patrick's day, and the ombre in the skirt wasn't quite green enough, so I added a scarf I already owned. That helped.
Day Four: FREEZING! Come on, spring! Catch up!!!
Day Five: I confess I needed a jeans day by this point!
Week Four:
Day One: I needed some sunshine in my life and the shirt delivered!
Day Two: I discovered there is one lavender stripe in that dress, so my new lavender leggings fit with it! YAY!
Day Three: This was supposed to be a shorts day, but it was too cold. I'd already worn this shirt with the other pair of jeans, so to try to mix it up, I wore different shoes and rolled up the pant legs.
Day Four: I really am loving the white pants.
Day Five: Had to wear a jacket because it was too cold for sleeveless. Again. Still.
So just for fun, here are all four weeks together:
No repeats yet! Not exactly. Some are close!
I'm learning that I really do love some of these pieces a lot and others are not my favorite. Maybe they will become my favorite, and maybe they won't! I'm not sure! I'm continuing to learn more about what I feel good in, what I need to have as part of my capsule, and what things maybe aren't the best fit. Here are a few specifics.
* I LOVE that striped dress. I love how it fits. The chevron one is okay, but it doesn't feel as good on as the striped one. (Probably because it's really a juniors dress and is an extra large and still feels too short.)
* I don't love button down shirts on me. At all. Even though the three in my capsule fit me well, I'm learning that style is just not great for me. My body wasn't made for it. Too bad, since they're so versatile.
* I don't love my denim skirt. I think I've always known that about this skirt, but it's what was in stock years ago the day I needed a denim skirt on the double. It needs to be just a hair longer and more tapered. It's like a big box on me and I hate that. I'll be on the lookout for a new one.
* I love the ombre skirt more than I thought I would, and I am not sure I love the maxi skirt even though I love the fit of it. The ombre skirt is just unique, and I think that's why I like it. I have a hard time finding maxi skirts that fit me right, and this one does, which is why I was so excited to get it. But I'm not sure I love the pattern.
* The floral tank is turning out awkwardly because of its smell! It was practically brand new in look and feel when I found it at the Goodwill. I thought it had maybe never even been worn. And honestly that might be true. But whoever had it before me liked her some STRONG perfume and no matter how many times I wash it, I cannot get the smell out. One day I had to switch the outfit to another one because I had a headache from it. If I can't get the smell out, I"ll have to get rid of it. Not worth it. Sigh.
* I'm missing my other clothes. In a regular world, I wouldn't maybe be such a stickler about following this every single day, but I'm doing an experiment here, so I need to stick to it. But I miss my other clothes - like my shiplap shirt! I enjoy wearing those things on the weekends. Learning that maybe I don't want four distinct seasonal wardrobes, but maybe find a way to dovetail all four seasons so they're a little unique and yet very interchangeable? Still working that one out in my head.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
This is so lovely! I also cannot believe you've been in spring clothes for 4 weeks! Have I mentioned it's going to snow tomorrow and Saturday...?
I find it interesting what clothes I end up loving/ not loving so much after I purchase them. I THINK I'm going to like everything- or else I wouldn't have invested in them in the first place. I'm loving a couple of knit skirts right now- I love how they can be dressed up or down depending on my top and shoes. Too bad about the smelly shirt from GW. That stinks, literally :).
Thanks for this post! I have an idea for removing the smell from your shirt. I have a sis-n-law who gives me & my daughter her clothes she no longer wants and they smell like her "scent" soaked through and I also would get headaches from her stuff.
Somehow I came up with soaking the items in a bucket (I use 5 gallon buckets) I generously pour vinegar in the bucket to cover one item at a time and let it soak for 2-3 days then wash 2-3 times in the normal wash. The "scent" of her is gone and the washings in the machine remove the vinegar smell also. Give it a try.
Yes! Vinegar. :-)
Bekah, I'm so glad you love the ombre skirt cuz it's my favorite of your collection. And in addition, it reminds be of the comment from my hairdresser as I was growing out my hair color to my new head of 'white'...just tell everyone you are going for an ombre look!! Best wishes with the spring capsule. Lois
Tamar - NO! NOT MORE SNOW!
Maria - Yes, it's always interesting to see how what you really like differs from what you think you will!!
Anonymous and Leslie - Thank you for the tip! I'll try that!
Lois - Ahhhhh so good to hear from you! Growing out a hair color of any kind is hard! I think your new color looks amazing on you! (I fear we would be twins if I let mine go!)
Post a Comment