Monday, March 13, 2017

The Date Inspired by "E"

In case you're keeping track, which I highly doubt any of you are, we actually have not yet gone on our date inspired by "D" in our alphabetical dates adventure. We had it scheduled for a week ago, but (spoiler alert!) it's a double date, and our doubles had to reschedule. Since they are a key part of the experience, we'll report in on that one once we've gone. Meanwhile, I already had the "E" date on the calendar, so I took a deep breath and tried really hard to not freak out about out of order dates!

The "E" date was an EARLY BIRD DATE, complete with EGGS and ESPRESSO, and EXTRA fun with our friend Randy, who joined us for breakfast!

Ryan had this past Saturday off work, so we arranged to meet Randy at Omeletty's, which is a local restaurant.
* Fun fact about Omeletty's: we have had their food several times, but this was the first time I've ever been TO the restaurant. My parents actually really like this place and on a handful of occasions over the past year, Mom's gotten food for us (moving/renovating/gallcation) and brought it to us so we didn't have to cook.

* Random observation about the restaurant: their sign says they specialize in breakfast, lunch, and dinner...which makes me wonder if that should just say they specialize in food? I mean isn't that like all the food?

* Random fact learned while eating at the restaurant: they have a HUGE chalkboard on one wall that details all the specialty coffee drinks they offer, but they actually don't have them anymore. The waitress told us the owner's late wife hand-lettered the chalkboard and after she died, he wanted it left untouched, so it stays up there. She said they have a lot of explaining to do when people try to order from it!

* Random PSA: The aforementioned chalkboard sign (which I did not take a picture of because it was crazy busy in there and I felt weird taking pictures) features "expresso," which is not a word. Ryan and I have this conversation a lot, because he calls it expresso, and I remind him it's actually espresso. No "X."

Breakfast was egg-and-coffee-filled and delicious! Someone was particularly excited about it.
 Hey! You can see part of the chalkboard behind him!

We had a great time talking with Randy. He's a fun friend, and we actually spent a couple of hours there swapping stories and having fun!

Early bird dates are fun, and if you're going to do one, try going to a place you've never been for breakfast. Whole new experience!

7 comments:

Tamar SB said...

How fun! So sweet about the chalkboard!!

Callie said...

This is so fun! I love the idea of doing dates for different letters of the alphabet!

Karen H. said...

Totally shocked that you went out of order on your dates! What is the world coming to? ;-)

Natasha said...

I love that about the chalkboard, even if it is confusing for their customers. That's so sweet :)

Bekah said...

Tamar and Natasha - It is so sweet! (And I wish the coffee part went forward!!)

Callie - I found the idea on Pinterest and have planned out dates for the entire year! Here's the page where I'm keeping track of them if you want to read back about the first ones: http://bekahsbits.blogspot.com/p/alphabetical-dates.html

Karen - I KNOW!!! And you better hang onto your hat, because we're about to do two more out of order. (gasp...gasp...gasp)

Anonymous said...

I love the alphabet dates!
breakfast dates I think are my favorite of all.:)
XOXO

Lori said...

I have eaten there. Delicious!