* Last Sunday afternoon was our nephew Korbin's 2nd birthday party. They're a farm loving family, so his mom organized a cowboy themed party, and it was so much fun. Chili, cornbread, root beer, cupcakes, and a chance to celebrate Korbin's life! {And apparently toddler parties wear us out, because we came home and slept for two hours after it was over!}
* Monday was the first day of February, so it was OUT with the old and IN with the new here in Shafferland. I spent the better part of the day working on the podcast, actually, but I took enough of a break to take down all the snowman/January decorations and break out the February/Valentine's Day stuff. I even did a Pinterest project to make these heart banners! They're so cute! {God bless Ryan for putting up with the froofiness of February.}
* Tuesday was our 38th monthiversary, and although we spent the entire day apart, Ryan did get home from work just a little bit early, and we enjoyed our dinner together, and I'd even made a little treat for us just for fun! We got to relax together that night, and it was, in a word, lovely.
* Wednesday morning, I met a friend for coffee, and then I ran some errands around town. I was THIRTEENTH in line at the post office, so I was quite grateful I'd eaten a good snack before I came inside. And I did a Bekah-first of going to Lowe's to take pictures of buckets FOR the blog. Hey, when you don't have what you need at home, be resourceful, right? Braeya spent the day napping in a bag she found on the couch.
* Thursday I caught this picture of Braeya - and it made me giggle because it looked like she was praying. {She was really chasing her tail.} I had to go to Kokomo that afternoon to meet Ryan for a viewing at the funeral home, so I made our chicken quesadilla dinner and took it with me so we could have a dinner date in his office before we left. {Yes, that's Brutus back there!!} Unfortunately when I was shredding the chicken, I got the "lock" and "on/off" levers mixed up on the mixer.
MESSY!!
* Ryan had a Super Bowl carry-in at his work on Friday and he sent me a picture of part of the food table. I'll take one of each, please!!! Sadly I was home on the fat chair, not feeling well at all, but a day with coffee and an electric blanket made it all better! I even felt well enough to make a healthy Chinese food dinner that night!
* Yesterday Ryan was gone allllllllllllllllllllll day, so I did our grocery shopping on my own. {That is a very dangerous thing for me to do, as the store generally makes me nuts and he is my sanity!!} But I got in and out without incident and proceeded to enjoy the rest of the day. It was SO pretty out that when he came home, we had to get outside for just a little bit, and then it was time for healthy versions of pizza. Not the same as the real thing, but a good taste of it anyway.
3 days ago








4 comments:
Hope you're feeling better and enjoying the weekend!
I am feeling much better, thank you!! And hoping to stay that way. Germs are rampant around here, and even though my pool of people seen on a daily basis is much smaller, I don't think I'm home free! :)
All your food looks soooo good! Yum!
Also, I really like your heart banner. Good job!
Post a Comment