Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Birthday Fun!

You guys...I am not even going to lie. We cracked our own selves up. If you're having a bad day, I believe this might boost your spirits.

A year ago, we had one of our worst weekends in the history of Shafferland. Everything that could go wrong did. Ryan was sick, we had to cancel every plan we'd made, and one of those plans was attending our nephew's first birthday party. We sat at home in great sadness and watched all the pictures roll in on Facebook.

This year, we got to attend his party! He's two now, and his little personality is precious. He's pretty quiet {though he has a growl that can really catch you off guard!!} and he's got this little smile that sneaks out now and then and melts you.

He had a cowboy themed party, and I got a few cute pictures I thought you might enjoy!
{Sorry that one is kind of dark, but I loved the rope sign. Impressive!!!!}

This was his little cake - so cute!! {The rest of us had cupcakes, and they were delicious!}
His family just got a new dog, and I think I heard our brother-in-law say he's 3 months old. He's so big! And he LOVES to play. This blur of him was the best I could get!

Korbin was quite deliberate about all his gifts and cards. I was impressed!

{New way to open gifts. Try it sometime!!}
 {The big kid....}

Why play with toys when you can play with STICKERS!!!?!?!?!?!?

And the cake!!! :)

Such a cutie - and it was a fun little cowboy party!! Good way to send off the month of January!


5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

How cute is he!! That cake is amazing - Happy birthday, Korbin!

Maria Rineer said...

Cutie! So glad you were both healthy this year and could attend your nephew's party.

Bekah said...

Tamar - He is definitely a cutie!! :)

Maria - We were glad too! Would have been sad to miss two years in a row!

Natasha said...

Okay Ryan needs to sing and tell more stories about his past on the podcast. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!!!

Also, Rachel needs to take on Ryan in a belching contest. She is scarily loud for a not quite five year old.

I was wondering how you were going to transition between belching and God! Ha!

Natasha said...

Ha ha ha!!! I love the way he was opening his presents! I'm so trying that next time...!