Sunday, November 24, 2024

Sunday Sentiments: To Pray

 


A few days ago, I ran across a quote, and while I’m not sure who originally said it, the words are worth noting: We may not always understand, but we can always pray.

            I’ve found myself praying often lately…for family, for friends, for myself.

            Some of my friends have just gone through hard losses, and I see and hear their grief overtaking them. I can’t fix or change anything, but I can pray for them.

            Others that I love are wrestling with health concerns, and that’s all-consuming, isn’t it? Pain and uncertainty take a huge toll. I can’t speed up any healing, but I can pray for them.

            Even as I walk roads in my own life, there are some days when I have no choice but to put aside my chores and pray for a while. Pray until my heart calms. Pray until hope returns.

            I don’t understand why all these hard roads must be here, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I spend time praying about them to the One who DOES understand the biggest picture down to the smallest emotion.

            I know you know this. I’m not bringing you anything today that is earth-shattering. But it never hurts to have a reminder of the little things that truly, deeply matter.

            We may not always understand, but we can always pray.

No comments: