Friday, November 08, 2024

Foodie Friday: A Couple Weeks' Finds

 


It’s been a couple of weeks since I shared with you some recipes we’ve been enjoying, so I thought I’d do so today! Maybe you’ll find a thing or two in here that you might enjoy, too!

            I’ve made more recipes than what you see reflected here, but I didn’t absolutely love some of them, so I won’t bother passing those along.

Escarole Pasta with Sausage and Peppers – I made several modifications to this one, mostly to use what we had on hand. But the version I made was yummy, and we both liked it! I had never heard of escarole and had no idea what it was. Turns out it’s a green veggie, but I didn’t bother going on a hunt for it. We had mixed greens in the fridge, so I used those. I’ve also been using chickpea pasta and really love it. The taste is no different to me than regular pasta, and it doesn’t leave me feeling bloated and overly full. So I used that in this recipe. I did use chicken sausage, but the kind I use is more like smoked sausage than ground sausage. We get an Italian seasoned version from Aldi, so that’s what I used. And I skipped the red pepper flakes because I’m not that brave. 😉

Pumpkin Bread – I made this for our small group and it was well-received. I liked the addition of the pepitas on top (pumpkin seeds), because it reminded me of the Starbucks version of pumpkin bread, which I really love. When I make this next time, I will probably mill my own flour for it, but this time I used regular flour.

High Protein Zucchini Omelet for One – I have eaten this MANY times over the last week – sometimes for breakfast and sometimes for lunch. It is a huge serving and really filling. I purchase egg whites in a carton to help cut down on egg waste for this, and I also used feta instead of parmesan. I have loved feta in eggs/omelets ever since a server at a restaurant suggested it to me one time. Best advice ever!

Healthy Cod Fish Tacos – I used tilapia, because that’s what we have and prefer, but the recipe was still so good! I sped things up a little by using the bagged slaw mix, rather than chopping up all the different veggies, and I made a serving as one bigger taco rather than two smaller ones. Ryan and I both loved it!

Turkey Pumpkin Chili – I tend to be a purist on chili, but I decided to take a chance on this one, and I’m glad I did. It was yummy! Because it has pumpkin in it, it was a thicker chili, and it was a little bit sweet. That part made me nervous, because I prefer not sweet chili. But I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did, and I would make it again!

            I think I made about three additional recipes beyond these, but I didn’t love them enough to pass them on. I’ll keep experimenting and sharing what I find that we love!

No comments: