We’ve tried some new recipes this
week, and I’m excited to share them with you! If you need something new in your
repertoire, maybe one of these will be the winner.
Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Shallots. I made this one for our dinner last
night (with a few modifications) and we both really loved it. It felt a little
on the fancy side, which was fun for a Thursday night. Instead of shallots, I
used diced onion, and instead of fresh parsley, I used dried, because these are
the things I had on hand. The flavor from this was so good. I served
Ryan’s over a bed of rice and mine over a bed of riced cauliflower, so I could
get in some extra veggies. Great meal!
Chorizo Egg Bites. One
thing I have learned over the last few months is that eggs with cottage cheese
cooked into them make a great breakfast with extra protein. So I was excited to
make these, and while they do take a minute to put together, they make a whole
stash, so breakfast is set for a while now! I used turkey sausage for mine –
and green chilies in place of jalapenos, I’m not a huge jalapeno lover.
Chicken Enchiladas. I made these at the beginning of the week and we ate them
for lunch the rest of the week! I used canned enchilada sauce. I’ve made my own
before and found it very tasty, but it hasn’t agreed well with our stomachs, so
I went back to canned for that reason. I also added black beans to these rather
than eating them on the side, because I don’t like eating beans all by
themselves. I will add that these were best right out of the oven, as the tortilla
shells did get a little bit soggy in the leftover world, but it wasn’t bad
enough to really matter.
Stuffed Pepper Soup.
I made this recipe without the brown rice, largely because I forgot about
it. I had planned to add cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, but I forgot,
and then I decided it was filling enough on its own. It was really flavorful
and we both enjoyed it. It warmed over well, too, which was helpful on busy
days.
In
the world of snacks, we stuck to the same-old-same-old: protein balls and yogurt
with granola and protein shakes.
Hope you get some new ideas for your fall cooking!

No comments:
Post a Comment