Yesterday Ryan and I made a quick
trip back to Kokomo to attend his grandma’s 97th birthday
party!
Last
year I wasn’t able to attend the party, so this was my first time to get to see
her new home in the retirement community! It’s a beautiful place, and I enjoyed
seeing her cute little apartment.
Ryan’s
stepmom did a really nice job putting together the party, and our sister-in-law
made the cake. She makes delicious cakes that are also beautiful. You
know how most of the time, cakes or delicious or beautiful, but not
both? Not the case with hers!
We
sang to her, enjoyed watching her open her gifts (she received some great ones!)
and had fun talking with her and the rest of the family.
And
after we left there, we stopped by to see Ryan’s grandpa (on the other side of
the family) and Aunt Sandy! Grandpa also had a birthday recently – and I’m
pretty sure he turned 95.
Made
it home safely to a girl who had missed us profoundly while we were gone. She
snuggled up next to me and took a long nap!
Happy
birthday Grandma and Grandpa – on different sides!

1 comment:
No way she's 97!
Post a Comment