Just swimming over to my computer to wish all of you a happy Sunday! Raining much where you are?? We are just fine at our house, but I sure have seen a lot of reports about flooding around here! Stay safe, friends!
* Last Sunday was our 69th monthiversary, and we got to spend the whole day together, which was glorious. Ryan put together his new grill and we made a big dinner that we shared with some of our friends. It was such a wonderful day! (And we got to see Phoebe, so that was pretty wonderful, too!)
* Monday was Labor Day, but Ryan worked, so that made it a work day for me too. After putting in a full day at work, he powered through and mowed the yard. There was a beautiful sunset, and we went out to get lattes to try to make it feel like a real holiday. (It worked...and thank you, Starbucks, for still being open when we got there!)
* Tuesday morning, one of our friends surprised me with a latte delivered right to my front door. I think that is how every single Tuesday should begin. It was so good! It was a pretty normal day, and we ended with our respective workouts that apparently exhausted us to no end. (It's hard to work out in a million degree heat and humidity!)
* New recipe in Shafferland on Wednesday: supreme pizza quesadillas. So delicious! Four thumbs up from here! It was a full work day made prettier by these flowers that our guests on Sunday brought to us. And that night I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I haven't run that far in a while! (And yes, I know it's not far.)
* Thursday I started a new Bible study, and I'm really excited about it. I'm just participating, not leading, but I am looking forward to learning a lot! Ryan and I had to go to a viewing that evening, and on the way home, we stopped at Lowe's for supplies for our upcoming speaking. We may have been the most well-dressed cement shoppers. :) Ryan worked on the projects when we got home - until the mosquitoes got so bad he couldn't stand being outside anymore!
* I have so many stories for you about Friday, but they'll keep until Spill the Beans. :) But that morning I took our car in for some repairs and had some interesting times with the loaner car! I also enjoyed meeting up with my writing friend, Sarah, for coffee and book-enjoying. And Friday night was such a nasty, rainy night that we were able to enjoy the whole thing at home watching old episodes of Matlock on Mo!
* Yesterday didn't turn out like we originally planned, but we had a great day! We were supposed to go to the Purdue football game with our friend Pat, but the weather forecast caused us to pull the responsible adult card and not go. (We have speaking days coming up soon and sitting out in the cold rain all day didn't seem wise.) SOOOOOOOOOO...we were able to celebrate my mom's birthday with her! We went out to eat with Mom and Dad (and helped her eat her free birthday dessert). Last night we got to watch our brand new little nephew while his parents went to a class reunion. We had fun! He's a good little baby. Only cries when he's hungry...much like his Aunt Bekah.
* Yesterday didn't turn out like we originally planned, but we had a great day! We were supposed to go to the Purdue football game with our friend Pat, but the weather forecast caused us to pull the responsible adult card and not go. (We have speaking days coming up soon and sitting out in the cold rain all day didn't seem wise.) SOOOOOOOOOO...we were able to celebrate my mom's birthday with her! We went out to eat with Mom and Dad (and helped her eat her free birthday dessert). Last night we got to watch our brand new little nephew while his parents went to a class reunion. We had fun! He's a good little baby. Only cries when he's hungry...much like his Aunt Bekah.







4 comments:
Way to go for your run!!!!!
The rain! Oh my goodness- many planned outdoor activities, games, festivals, etc. around here yesterday were canceled. Glad you were able to celebrate your mom's birthday with her.
I need to know about the pizza quesadillas.
Tamar - Well that is very kind of you! Thank you! :) Not up to your caliber by a long shot, but for me, it was a good run.
Oh no, Maria! You got all the rain too? So fallish (which I do love...but maybe not so soggy?)
Lori - We ate them. Oh wait. Was that not what you wanted to know?
Post a Comment