6 hours ago
Saturday, September 08, 2018
The Saturday Six
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom today!! I won't say her age or anything, but you may remember her surprise 80th party a couple of years ago... ;)
One.
I stumbled upon this cute blog this week...if you love home tours, DIY projects and more, you'll want to spend some time hopping around this one!
Two.
This was such an eye-opening, informative, and prayer-altering way for me to approach praise. I had never heard this explanation before!
Three.
I don't think I need to remind you of my deep desire to one day visit (move to?) Prince Edward Island. One of my high school friends, who knows me well, sent me this link this week. A virtual field trip to suffice in the meantime! (Or convince me to speed up the trip? To be determined.)
Four.
Need a little bling in your fall décor? Confetti pumpkins, anyone?
Five.
I need to spend a few more hours (yes, hours!) scrolling through this post. CUTE fall wardrobe ideas made from a handful of pieces. (Think our Goodwill has any versions of any of these beyond-my-budget pieces?)
Six.
My book review this week is not my own work at all. It's a review that I imagine says what I would say if I read the book, but I see no reason to reinvent the wheel. This blogger has invested time into reading and her words seemed very Scripturally sound to me.
Girl, Wash Your Face is a book that is very popular right now, and I've seen screenshots, memes, and quotes floating around all my social media from people who love, love, love this book. I had a little worry in my soul as I began to catch glimpses of the writing, because I couldn't quite figure out if it was thoroughly based in the Lord as much as it was thoroughly based in good writing, well-told stories, and things people want to hear.
This review confirms what I felt in my heart might be true, and I wanted to share the post with you in case you've been on the same fence, wondering. Ryan and I are reading through Ezekiel right now and are deep in the part where God's people, including the spiritual leaders, are so disillusioned, they can't even see His truth anymore. I fear we are treading in those same dangerous waters, so I try hard to be aware of things that might entertain me as a reader, but not push me toward God's truth.
Perhaps you've read the book and disagree, but I've decided this is one I'm content not to read, even though it's wildly popular.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Thanks for the link to the review of Girl, Wash Your Face. I've heard a lot about the book but only generically, like, "It's so good," or, "You should read it." I didn't know it was published by a Christian publisher and written as a Christian book. I have no desire to read the book after reading the review in the link you provided. I did find the comments to the review interesting (speaking of generic!!). Some people who liked the book had some valid comments about the message (at least as I gathered was the message from reading the review and comments) but the points the reviewer and many commenters raised have convinced me that this is not a book for me to read.
That capsule post makes me want allllll my fall clothes!
Maria - You're welcome! I was in a bookstore with a friend yesterday and the manager stopped to check on us (make sure we found what we needed). He asked if we'd read that book. We had JUST been talking about this review!
Tamar- me too! I am totally fascinated by that one black sweater piece that converts! I've never seen one before!
Post a Comment