Well, for those of you who get today off, happy Labor Day! Hope you have a great day enjoying whatever you are doing! :) And if you're at the lake, enjoy for me, please!
Ryan and I both work today, so we had our fun day yesterday...which coincided with our 69th monthiversary. It was my favorite kind of monthiversary: we had the entire day together.
I got up earl and put our lunch in the slow cooker so we could eat lunch the very minutes we got home. (This is becoming my new goal in life if we don't have leftovers at the ready to warm up.) Then we went to church, where we got one of the worst selfies ever. Between the lighting and the angle, it was just awful. But I try to keep it real, so here you go:
While at church, we got a fun surprise from one of our friends! Last week he had told us about this amazing ice cream shop down near Indianapolis, and this week he showed up with a pint of his favorite flavor from there...just for us to try! Thanks, Al! That was a GREAT gift!
(By the way: seriously amazing butter pecan. HUGE pieces of pecans. Not little chips.)
When we came home, we took our official monthiversary photo:
(Still not the best lighting, but I was too hungry to care.) Lunch was done right on schedule and very delicious, by the way. We rested for a bit - Ryan took a nap and I scrapbooked, and then we started on dinner. Yes, it's always about food!
We actually invited Phoebe's people over for dinner, and Ryan wanted to inaugurate the new grill he got Saturday. Of course that meant he had to put it together first.
Meanwhile, inside, I was busy whipping up some new-to-us recipes:
I made some homemade bread using oat flour, and I'm not gonna lie: it turned out tasting WAY better than I expected.
And a clean eating apple crumb pie, too!
My handsome husband took some pictures of me cooking. He's good to my scrapbook-loving heart.
And then he went out to grill. He said the new grill worked like a charm, and I'll say that the steaks were amazing! (He thought they were too done, so that means they were perfect.)
(He also grilled cauliflower poppers and they were good too!)
Phoebe's people came, and they said they loved dinner. Pheobe loved Braeya's dinner. (Cracked us up. They brought her food and she snubbed it and cleaned out Braeya's entire bowl.)
What a sweet girl. :)
So it was such a fun day. It's been a while since we cooked a meal together, and we just loved doing it. And it was fun to be able to be together for the day. Happy 69 months, Ryan! Next up? The big 7-0!
10 hours ago
4 comments:
What a fun day! The new grill looks great!
Looks a fun day- glad you got to spend a lot of time together.
Tamar - It does look great! I love it.
Maria - Me too! I get greedy for his time! :)
Bekah, I became aware of your blog through my sister, Marsha.
Seeing your beautiful apple pie confirmed that I needed to check out Dashing Dish officially.
You share many great ideas...Thank you!
I especially enjoy "The Saturday SIX".....
Enjoy the coming season.🍎🌻🍁🍂
Post a Comment