Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Randoms

Happy Friday, everyone! We're keeping it random here in Shafferland today for reasons you'll soon understand!

* I've been praying for my east coast friends in the path of the hurricane. You all know I'm not a fan of storms, so I definitely feel for you, even though I've never personally experienced a hurricane. (This week I overheard a conversation in which one lady kept calling it a hyurricane, so I confess I've started calling it a hyurricane too. I don't know why. Any of you call it a hyurricane? Is that a dialect thing?) Anyway. I'm praying for you and have found this to be my favorite hurricane/hyurricane meme so far:


* And speaking of prayer...we're not too proud to ask for some! Ryan and I are speaking at a conference this weekend. We have been working hard on this for many weeks, and we know we have done all we can do and at this point, it's just up to the Lord to give us grace for each moment as needed. We're trusting and resting in that.

BUT.

Satan really is a stinker, you know that? I fully expected some sabotage, because it always happens. And it started about a month ago and has only intensified since then. I will admit the specific scenarios are beyond anything I ever would have imagined, and I have a pretty good imagination! I fully believe that the harder he tries to trip us up, the greater the possibility for God to do something crazy amazing and beyond our wildest dreams. So I guess in that respect, all the sabotage is pretty exciting, because it means God must have something REALLY good. But we are human, after all, and it gets overwhelming and distracting to have so many diversions going on all around us.

So if we come to mind this weekend, would you help support us in prayer? Like I said, we are as prepared as we can be, so we are trusting God to carry the rest. Our big prayers (other than not publicly humiliating ourselves by falling off the platform or something like that) are that we will be able to fully focus and be 100% present in our work and that God will be completely honored with our words and do the work needed among the people attending.

* I tried a new recipe this week (Dashing Dish, of course) and was blown away by how good it was. I will confess to you I did not have high hopes. A clean eating bagel? I mean, there are some things that just don't work all cleaned up. But I was wrong. It was 100% delicious. Ryan agreed, which is the ultimate test.

* I am not gifted at impressions, nor have I ever watched Saturday Night Live. However. Several years ago, someone told me I had to watch the clips of Penelope, and I laughed until I cried. And I also became a fairly decent Penelope impressionist.

Sunday afternoon I attended a baby shower, and someone posted this picture (shown only in part below) to Facebook. I took one look at it and whaddya know? I'm Penelope even when I'm not trying!


Well, my friends, I guess that's it for me today. Thanks for visiting here even when I'm all over the place! Hope your weekend is spectacular, and stop blessing those rains down in Africa!




3 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Hah! Now I am craving some good old SNL!

Good luck this weekend!

Maria Rineer said...

Will be thinking about you and praying for you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Which diet program are you using?