Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Shafferland Shuffle

Last Sunday feels like 100 years ago. This week has been full of not just busy activity, but endless mind activity. Friday night, I just tossed and turned because my brain was spinning and would not quit! So I'll be interested to see what all we actually did this week as I tell you all about it!

* Well, I guess last Sunday wasn't busy. A perfect, low-key Sunday, and now that football is over, it was a perfect, low-key Sunday of HALLMARK MOVIES! {Ryan's thoughts on that below.} We all just hung out, resting, and I made a clean version of Chinese food which wasn't too bad, except I messed up my rice to chicken ratio and had wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much rice.
* Monday was pretty typical. Podcast editing, carpool duty, that kind of thing. But Monday night, Ryan came home with my Valentine roses a little early, which was delightful! And we delivered a new chair to my parents' house, which meant we probably should get Starbucks, since we drove right by it. I accidentally grabbed a drink that wasn't mine and although the rightful owner was gracious, the barista was not. I was dutifully put in my place and sent on my way.
* Tuesday was Valentine's Day, and even though I already told you all about it, the quick recap is that Ryan worked, I delivered brownies to the single girls at his work, we went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, had a hot date at Lowe's {hee hee hee} and finished up with frozen yogurt. Our first time to go out to eat on Valentine's Day was a success!
* My Valentine gift was a day late, which was totally fine, but when it arrived, I loved it! A sign that says "surrender" that goes above my new cross! I loved it. I also loved trying to take a picture of the two together and accidentally getting Ryan's noggin! Spent a lot of time in Bible study and prayer on this day. It was the day all the mind-spinning began!
* I had a couple of days this week when I didn't have carpool duty, and Thursday as one of them. So Braeya and I hung out at home and did lots of writing work. At the end of the day, I went to visit Ryan, and he was behind on notes, so I did selfies with Brutus in his office while I waited. And I got free chocolate from one of his co-workers.
* Friday, Ryan took this crazy picture of me when I was asleep. Apparently I slept ON MY FACE and had bangs sticking straight up. Good grief. Busy little day, though, including prepping for a new speaking date and much grocery shopping. {Friday night date included dinner at Sam's Club. We are the coolest people I know.}
* Yesterday, we had Phoebe all the live-long day!!!!!! Ryan actually had to work for most of the day, but I enjoyed having Pheebs home with me. I did some baking, and she just hung out in the kitchen with me. It was gorgeous here, so we went for a long walk after Ryan got home, and then Ryan continued working on taxes. We just elected not to make that a memory. LOL. 


3 comments:

Maria Rineer said...

You guys just need to get a dog already :). Have a great Sunday!!

Tamar SB said...

What a good week! So fun to spend time with Phoebe!

Bekah said...

Maria - TELL RYAN!!!!!!!

Tamar - That it was. I just love her!