Happy half-price candy day! It's always the best part of the day after any holiday, right? :)
Hope you had a good day yesterday. It was cold in central Indiana, but GORGEOUS anyway. Love me some sunshine!
Ryan kicked off our Valentine celebration the night before, actually, when he brought home beautiful deep red miniature roses for me. I love roses so much and he's always good to bring me some on Valentine's Day! I have pretty much carried them from room to room with me so I can gaze upon their beauty as I work!
Before we went to bed, I whipped up a breakfast casserole (the healthy version from Dashing Dish) and then I set the alarm for five in the morning so I could get up, transfer it to a slow cooker and "make breakfast" for when the alarm went off for real. Normally we just do fruit/yogurt/granola for breakfast, so this was a treat.
Also a treat? My early morning hair. :)
{Also - I have the worst ever reverse camera on my phone.}
Ryan went to work and I got busy whipping up brownies from scratch so we could deliver them to the single girls at his work. I wanted them to know someone was thinking about them on Valentine's Day! After he came home for lunch, I went back to work with him and helped him deliver them. It was fun!
Even though he didn't slack in finding me a gift, it was still en route to me, so I still have that to look forward to! :) But his had come, and I wrapped it up for him. He opened it at lunch time and liked it! (Whew!) I got him the Seinfeld version of Scene It. I'm not nearly the Seinfeld guru that he is, so I sure don't expect to win, but I think we'll have fun playing!
(We had so much fun playing Sorry! on our "B" date that I thought another game would be a fun new thing for us)
After work, we did our official Valentine photo. And yes, I'm the nerd with a candy heart garland decoration.
OH!! And I wanted to show you my flowers!
We had a gift card to Ruby Tuesday, so we decided to go there for dinner. First time we've ever gone out to dinner on Valentine's Day! {Thanks, Wayne and Shari, for making our holiday perfect!}
We are such nerds. We filled up on the salad bar and brought our entrees home for leftovers. HA! WE do this all the time. We hadn't been there since they redid the salad bar, and I actually liked it better. I'd read terrible reviews about it, and I know the price is higher now, which is sad indeed, but I thought the choices were amazing!
And then, of course, a trip to Lowe's. Because why not?
Then, Ryan told me he'd gotten a Groupon to Orange Leaf (frozen yogurt) so we went there, planning to share a bowl of yogurt for dessert. But when we arrived, the lady told us they were running a special, and if we were willing to kiss at the cash register, we could buy one yogurt and get one free. Sure! We'll make out for free food! NO PROBLEM!!!!
We hadn't been to Orange Leaf before, but it was delicious and we'll be back, for sure! :)
We came home, got in our jammies and exchanged cards!
Thanks, Ryan, for making the day special, just like you make EVERY day! :)
6 hours ago
4 comments:
Love your day! Your V-day photo is GREAT!
And how sweet to bring flowers to the girls at work, Ryan is too sweet (and you too!)
Half price candy!! I literally thought of this moments after I woke up this morning. I plotted when I'd make it to the store and started day dreaming about what candy I plan to buy at HALF PRICE. The roses Ryan got for you are gorgeous. Glad you had a great day.
Your Valentine's Day sounds LOVE-ly in every way!! We will celebrate tomorrow with a Red Lobster lunch and movie. Our gift to each other: a bedroom make over!!
It appears Ryan is the only one who puts fruit on his yogurt. Don't you know this is a good way to justify the calories?
Post a Comment