Well you are looking at one grateful girl. SO GLAD my dental appointment was last Thursday and not today. Today I'll just be praying my way to elementary school and back {#hatesnowdriving}.
Right before Ryan came home for lunch yesterday, these big, beautiful, snow-globey flakes began to fall. I had no idea what to expect, because they've promised snows all winter that {mercifully} never came. So I didn't know if it would snow this time at all, and if it did, how much would end up on the ground.
It snowed the entire day, slow and steady. So pretty. So picturesque. Words I can only say because I was done driving for the day. I heard the roads started to get nasty last night, and to me, snow is never as pretty when it becomes treacherous.
But for the day, it was a pretty, pretty snow.
I stopped writing every couple of hours to take a fresh round of pictures, with the snow domed up more than it had been.
And by the time Ryan came home, there was a decent amount to shovel from the driveway, and a stunning yard full of snow.
It was the most snow we'd seen since we moved here, and I loved seeing how our house fit under a pretty blanket of snow.
{And now as long as the snow gets off the roads and stops being treacherous, I will happily continue to enjoy the view.}
6 hours ago
8 comments:
Snow pretty (I am that lame at 5am!).
It's hitting us today - snow day!!!!
It started snowing here around 7:00 pm yesterday and ended by 9:00 pm. Couple of inches maybe, no delay today for the kids :(.
Beautiful snow pictures! We seem to only get the freezing rain here in Minnesota this year. I kind of miss a good Minnesota snowstorm that just slows everything down a bit. Enjoy!
Tamar - HA! I read your comment at 6:30 and had to read it twice to get it. I am THAT sleepy at 6:30! ENJOY YOUR SNOW!!
Maria - We didn't get a ton more than that...maybe a little. But our roads are apparently really slick, so everyone's on a delay here, including the city schools that NEVER DELAY. This is putting an interesting crinkle in my morning, as now I have a podcast interview at the same time I need to do the delayed school run.
Sandi - Wow! I would have expected more snow out of Minnesota...freezing rain isn't nearly as pretty! How much snow does it take to slow down Minnesota?
It is so pretty. We have had a few flakes here today too but nothing to actually take pictures of
mollyx
Wow! This is one of those rare times where you guys have snow and we don't...and I'm not complaining. We had flurries, but nothing stuck.. Love the pretty snow pics!
Quite beautiful indeed!
Oh for the beach.
Post a Comment