Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Shafferland Shuffle

* Last Sunday was, as you might remember, the start of EVIL Daylight Savings. We were so exhausted we went straight to bed after church and were complete bums the rest of the day. We worked on our podcast that night, and Ryan had to rig up this whole extension system for his mic, since we no longer have any tables to sit at!
 * Monday was kind of a big deal. You know, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!!! I know I already told you all about it, but that was the day we officially signed for our new house, and we cannot WAIT to get inside!
* Tuesday began rough for this girl. I blame Daylight Savings. I was so grumpy!!!! But I rallied to work on packing that day, because you know, WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! :) And I finished up in time to make chicken quesadillas for dinner! They were delish.
* Wednesday we had some really strong winds and rain, and when I went out to meet a friend for coffee, I found all the tree buds stuck firmly to my car. Signs of spring!! Coffee was good {and I was still grumpy so I needed extra} and I came home to resume packing while Braeya worked on her tan. HA!
* Thursday was St. Patrick's Day, and Ryan was quite festive at work. :) I did a special load of laundry so his green shirt would be clean and he wouldn't be pinched! :) My sister and I did a long distance Duggar watching party...which is the next best thing to watching TV together in person. And that night, Ryan and I went on a Starbucks date; ours just had an overhaul and they now have a fancy new mural!!!
 * Friday {shockingly} I worked on packing, and I also made a batch of clean eating cookies that I will not lie...are so good. We had friends come over for dinner - quite possibly our last hurrah at this house! Of course we no longer have a dining room table, and dinner was takeout Thai, but we sat on the floor and ate from the ottoman and had a great time together anyway. THAT'S what matters.
 * Yesterday was Ryan's first Saturday at home since December 21st, and it was GLORIOUS. I have missed him SO MUCH on the weekends and was so glad to have him all to myself for a whole day!! He helped me clean and pack, and we made a whole bunch of headway! We squeezed in a little shopping that afternoon and even caught up on some of our TV shows. YAY!






4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Ugh, the time change. On top of the lost hour (which in truth doensn't get to me usually) we had parent teacher conferences and the big 3rd grade play. I was OUT by 8:30 Friday night!

Bekah said...

Oh my goodness, I would have been OUT too!!!

Jayla said...

Can I get a copy of the recipe for your clean eating cookies?

Natasha said...

Thank you for the Tuesday keeping it real picture. I'm sorry you had a grumpy week. I just went through one of those myself. Grrrr. They annoy me and everyone around me. Ha.