Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Shafferland Shuffle

Happy Easter!!! We are thankful for what this day represents - and for a day of REST!! Today you'll get some glimpses of our new house adventures. More posts to come on that this week!

* Last Sunday, we started dog sitting for the first time in our married life, which you already caught a peek of this week. Our friends brought over their Great Dane named Spencer, and we spent the day learning the ways of huge dogs!! He took us for a walk and tried to sit on our laps. LOL!!! We had a lot of fun with him that day and we were thankful for a pretty day that allowed us to spend some time outside with him!
* Monday was a HUGE day in Shafferland! We got official possession of our new house that day! We tried to juggle meeting the new house with having custody of Spencer, so it was sort of an interesting adventure, but we made memories!! That's for sure! We had the chance to do a photo shoot with our new house and write Scripture on the walls {much more on these stories to come}. But mostly we were just incredibly thankful for the day we'd so longed and prayed for to finally BE HERE.

* Tuesday was a big day at both Shaffer houses. We had the inspection on our original house and that's the day I got to meet our buyer, too. Really enjoyed getting to swap stories and learn more about what God had done on the OTHER side of the story! And at the new house, Ryan and his friend Troy had a good old fashioned demo day to knock out part of a wall. They channeled their inner Chip Gaines and had a grand time. {And made a grand MESS!}
* We broke out the paint cans on Wednesday! My friend Sandee came over and together, we tackled the master bedroom. While we didn't have to paint all the walls {some were okay as they were}, we did get the painting in that room finished in one day. I never could have done it without her help! And my friend Amber stopped by just to see the house and ended up helping me scrape wallpaper. {Ugh. Wallpaper. But YAY for good friends who will come for fun and stay to help!}
* Speaking of wallpaper, it was my utter nemesis on Thursday. I worked to finish scraping it off TWO rooms, and that was exhausting. I swear it was held on by super glue. Thankfully, Ryan helped me push through to the end without screaming!  I also painted a bathroom and shampooed some of the carpet. And when Ryan wasn't at work, he helped me touch up paint. {He's very good at that.}
* Friday morning, we were at Lowe's before it opened in the morning. What!?!?! Who is up that early? Well, we are, apparently. I spent the entire day painting my new office. I made a last minute switcharoo of color and now have a bright yellow office that makes me VERY happy. We put together our bed frame and started dreaming about where we're going to place all the furniture!
* By yesterday, we were understandably exhausted, and we look every bit of it in these pictures. Ryan had to work, so I went with him and caught up on all internet life on the wifi there. Then I went over to the house and resumed painting and replacing swichplates and cleaning up and all sorts of things. We were so tired by the time we finished the day around midnight, but so happy!


6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So fun to get snippets of the new house! It looks so wonderful and charming! Can't wait to get the full "tour" when you've made it yours!

Odie Boggs said...

Love you seeing the new house. Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

So there is great sadness that you are leaving your house...the one I picture you and Ryan in...But what GREAT joy that you have a new home. Like other blog followers, I am on pins and needles to see the NEW Shafferland abode. Continued blessings this glad and joyful Easter day. Lois

Unknown said...

YAY!!! This is all so very exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys.

Bekah said...

Tamar - More posts coming your way this week!! :)

Odie - We love BEING in it! :)

Lois - We are caught in between sad and elated. I can't wait to be settled so I can do a proper before/after post! :) Happy Easter!!

Tia - Thank you!!! :) We are so thankful.

Natasha said...

It sounds like you needed a day of rest after all that work. And hearing about all the painting gave me PTSD to when we painted our new house before moving in. And now I am seriously considering painting our office yellow! What a bright cheery colour :)