Friday, March 25, 2016

A Week Ago Today...

Now that I'm all done saying in-print goodbyes {I think} to our first home together, and I've told you all about our Great Dane adventures, I am going to back up and catch up on other fun house news!

If you heard the podcast this week, you already know this story, but I like to have a print version of things as well as an audio version, and I thought you might like to see some pictures of the day, too!!

I'm also going to throw in some really fun only-God details, because I think you'll like them. {I know I do.}

A week ago yesterday, our house was shown in the evening. {Our current house that we're trying to sell. I know, "our house" can be such a confusing term these days. We get it. When we say "let's go home," we have to stop and think about where we mean!} We left for a couple of hours so the showing could take place, got some coffee, did some shopping, and then we came back. And the showing was still happening. WHOOPSIE!!!

So we went down the street to wait.
And then when we saw them leave, we went home.

I just had a different feeling this time. I had prayed so hard all day before the showing, and I even felt like I battled some spiritual warfare over it, and then when Ryan and I were in Lowe's, I just felt this peace settle over me that I can't explain. {Miracle in Lowe's?}

Friday afternoon, Ryan got home about a half hour early, which was wonderful and kind of uncommon. He had just walked in when our Realtor called. She said she doesn't normally make calls like this, but she just HAD to tell us that an offer would be coming our way.

WHAT?!?!!?!?!?!?

I had to smile and cry all at once:
We waited all evening to see if the official email came in, but it didn't. The next day, Saturday, was Ryan's first Saturday at home since December 21. We were sitting on the couch catching up on DVR'd shows when it came in.

Scared to open the email to see the offer:
Speaking of scared...can we pause to talk about the bedhead????

And then we opened it.
You guys, it was a fair offer, and we were THRILLED. It was possibly one of the best days of our entire year so far. We signed the offer and returned it and immediately resumed packing.

I shared a bit of this in the podcast, and I don't want to say too much on here because it's not my story to tell, but I will add that in the days since, we've learned a bit more about the buyer and we are thrilled to our core that the history and legacy of this home will be continued. I could not have hand-picked a better person to pass the baton to, and I sincerely mean this. Leaving this home will still be a version of hard, and I know it. But so much easier knowing the house will be in great hands. Caring hands.

Like we said on the podcast, it's not a completely done deal yet. We know the financing still has to go through, and we await that. But my goodness. We celebrate God's goodness and continue to tremble at the amazing story He's writing in this time of transition.

I can't wait to start telling you stories of life at Shafferland 2.0, which is now officially underway!




4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina said...

I am officially thrilled for you guys! God's timing is amazing, isn't it? I cannot wait to hear all about the new house adventures.

AmieAuthor said...

So happy for you! If it makes him feel any better you can tell Ryan I didn't notice his bedhead. :)

Natasha said...

I've known this news for awhile already and this post STILL gave me chills. Whoo hoo!!!