* Monday was so messy on the roads, so I prayed Ryan to work while giving much thanks that I'm no longer driving to Fort Wayne every day. I enjoyed the beauty of the snow from INSIDE the house. I made a fancier-than-usual dinner of veggie stuffed chicken and more veggies {I'm turning into a veggie, I think} and because it was SO COLD, I worked out in my fuzzy socks. It was hard for our house to keep up with the frigid temps! Thank goodness this isn't supposed to be a Polar Vortex year!
* Tuesday, I moved back into my office to begin working from there again, and Braeya was excited because that meant she could resume her neighborhood watch program. I worked hard on editing the manuscript I just finished - and did some reading in a novel as well. When Ryan got home, we hunkered down under the electric blanket, and Braeya hunkered on top of it. When that thing is on, she will NOT leave it.
* Wednesday was cold and snowy still, but we did have a stunning sunrise that I appreciated from my perch at my desk! Because the cold continued, that day I worked out in warm clothes AND my bathrobe AND my slippers. LOL!! Ryan got a new hat that day - one of the girls at work made it for him, and he loves it!
* Thursday was the first day I got out of the house all week. It had just been too nasty before then. I met a friend for lunch and felt like a real person in real clothes with my hair done. Much to my shock, my scrapbook I'd just finished on SUNDAY actually arrived in the mail that day, so my 2015 regular book collection is complete! After work, Ryan and I went to look for sales, and I found a great long-sleeved workout shirt that, with coupons and sales, we got for $1.87. BOOM.
* Friday morning, I grabbed this picture of a beautiful sunrise, and literally five minutes later, the sky was overcast and stayed that way all day. I was glad I captured it! I did lots of chores on Friday, including menu planning. A good little day, capped off by a Starbucks date and a movie rental that we could watch all curled up in the fat chair!
* Yesterday I attended a ministry project event that I plan to tell you more about this week; the work it does is both creative and much needed, I believe. It was good to be part of the day and see friends I haven't seen in so long! And last night, we celebrated Ryan's sister's birthday with his family. His mom made homemade {delicious, I might add} pizza and we had cake and ice cream and enjoyed a laid-back evening together!








9 comments:
We had the messy roads Tuesday - so it begins!
That sunrise is so great!!
May I ask what workout videos you're using? Are they on Netfix or online by chance?
i love that you menu plan!! I need to do that. I tend to toss some kind of meat on a salad, chop up avocados, eat blue chips :)) and live on fruits and yogurt and other such things. and cereal. and heck, maybe i don't want to cook? lol
you are such a delight! and woohoo on workouts! I have been running again two days a week (slowly) but I made it back to 3 miles yesterday! (indoor track)
hugs for a great week, sweet friend! XOXO
Tamar - And so it begins. You are right. Hoping yours is MUCH less stressful than last year!
Tia - Yes! We are doing the 21 day fix, and I actually plan to tell you all a little bit more about it next week. I'm finishing my second round of it. I ordered the DVD's through the program - I have 8 workouts I rotate through each week. And they're still hard!!!
Polly - I have done menu planning for a while, but in doing the Fix, it's imperative, so I'm much more hard core about it than I used to be!! If it were up to me, it would be a rotation of pizza and burgers every day!! :) GOOD WORK on the running!!
beautiful snow + sky shots! your chicken dinner looked delicious! have a beautiful week!
what a lovely week! I keep a journal and some of it I post on my blog. Is your scrapbook items from your blog? and do you complete one every year?
Wow, the details in your post:) I don't know where to focus on ... Love the snow (because I lived for about 3 decades in South. Cal., so we had to drive a few hours to see snow) - and I don't mind mess.
Jandi - Thank you!! Same to you!
Christine - I am kind of a scrapbook junkie, so I actually do a bunch of them every year. I do them digitally, and I make one for every quarter of the year to keep track of just the happenings of our life. {That way I can have a book in hand before the end of the year.} I also do a book for every trip we take or every major event {like our wedding/reception/etc.} It's probably overkill for most people, but I like it. I do use the pictures I make to recap our weeks in the scrapbook.
Jeannette - I can happily send the snow to you!!! :) I like it, but only from the inside!
I'm very behind on my blog reading and as I read this (Feb 24) we are in the midst of an ice pellet storm. I'm also glad I don't need to leave the house (much) today!
And I can't believe you worked out in your slippers and bathrobe. I need that kind of workout :)
Post a Comment