Yesterday I trekked to Fort Wayne to visit the dentist. Again. :) I have roughly six more months left in my two year dental rehab program, and I'm hoping hoping hoping they'll be able to declare me well by then!
{If you're new here, back in August of 2014, I had a five hour periodontal surgery, and I've had to go to the dentist every three months since then for checkups. I had an advancing periodontal disease, and through the surgery, they were able to get me on the road to recovery!}
I was so grateful for a good day to travel for my checkup yesterday, especially after some snow and ice on the roads in the last couple of weeks. I packed up the car with coffee and snacks and extra coats and hats, and then I called my mom to chat while I drove.
Just like the commuting days of old.
Before I went to the dentist, I stopped by the station to say hi. I didn't get to see everyone, but it was fun to get some hugs and swap stories and see my friends. They asked how I'm doing, what I'm up to, and they were kind to tell me they missed me.
And I miss them too. It's strange to transition from being in a place full of people and their stories to being home with a cat whose constant story is "CAN YOU WATCH ME EAT?" It's strange to give up up hearing the joys and struggles of a work crew that felt more like family. It's strange to miss out on the celebrations of their lives and only read about them from afar.
But as I told Mom during our talk yesterday, I am confident that I'm in the right place for this season. For as much as I miss what I left behind, I adore what I see before me. I love being able to do meaningful work throughout the day that relieves the stress of Ryan's evenings and weekends. I love being able to write and read books. I love so many other opportunities that we've been able to enjoy because of this change in seasons.
God is opening up even more doors, and even though many of them are not open wide enough yet for me to see through them to the other side, I'm excited for the prospect of what I might find when I step through.
I'm thankful for the courage to be able to offer what I had in exchange for what He has for me. It's worth it, you know...the give and take. The offering of a sacrifice and the blessing He offers in return.
5 hours ago


4 comments:
Thank you for giving your blog readers a glimpse of your journeys and adventures. You are a blessing to so many!!
Yay for a good dentist report and getting to see former co-workers and opening doors (-:
Maria - Thank you so much! You are such an encouragement! :)
Tamar - A good day indeed!
I don't think I can say it better than Maria said above.
Post a Comment