6 hours ago
Saturday, January 02, 2016
The Saturday Six
One.
I love starting new habits in a new year - anyone??? Anyone?? I found this list of ideas for prayer that might help you spend some extra time praying in ways you haven't for a while. Always good to pray differently now and then, I think!
Two.
I am about to hit the house with round two of cleaning out and purging. And lest you think I'm throwing away everything I own {I'm not}, check out this list of ideas to jump-start your paring down process. Aside from pictures {which I don't think you can ever convince me to pare down}, I think this is a great list of showing you what to consider reducing. Not throwing it all out. Reducing excess.
Three.
Confession: I am not a great housekeeper. Ryan is actually much better at it than I am. I dearly love to organize things and decorate and sort through clutter, but the actual CLEANING is a different story. Truthfully, it's something I kind of forget about without reminders. I came upon the Clean Mama website through Instagram, actually. She'll post reminders on Instagram of what you should be cleaning that day, and I kind of like it! Then I found that she offers free cleaning printables to get you on a manageable routine so the house doesn't get SO BAD. Here's the link to her calendar, and if you prefer the Instagram reminder, you can follow her there!
Four.
This blogger made a list of some of her favorite blog posts {ones she read} from 2015, and I started liking so many of them and wanting to share them with you...that I just decided to share the list and let you pick your own favorites. Thought-provoking links in here!
Five.
This post contains some helpful links for resources in cultivating your walk with the Lord. I've noticed reading about people I know {and some I don't - at least in real life} who are frustrated by their lukewarm journey. While there's no formula for fixing that {that works for everyone} the tools Kathy presents in this post might give you a great launching pad for finding your fire again!
Six.
Because let's face it: now and then we all feel the ugly rearing of the junior high head when we realize we STILL don't fit in. If that's you - read THIS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Love the cleaning calendar...I too love a clean and tidy home but hate dusting...on that note off to clean!
Loved the article by Lysa. The minimalist article's list of 101 things to consider getting rid of was interesting to say the least. I'll think I'll keep my make up, pony tail holders and Advil!! I guess the author (a guy no less) was referring more to out of date items like expired medication and old make up? I don't know but it was interesting and got me thinking about what I could get rid of (NOT makeup though!!).
Tamar - You are one of my clean-loving friends! Hope you got everything done!!
Maria - Probably {on the out-of date/expired stuff}. I was shocked at how much of that I found here when I cleaned last summer! And then I went to the dollar store and needed one ponytail holder and bought a hundred. Guessing I don't need that many!!! :)
I've bookmarked the 101 things to get rid of in your house link because that will be so helpful to me as I go through our house.
Post a Comment