Saturday, December 21, 2024

Saturday Suggestions: Inspirations for Your Weekend

 

            Happy Saturday before Christmas, friends! Maybe you’re shopping…or wrapping…or baking…or doing all three! Or maybe you’re done and enjoying your day! Regardless, I have a few little treasures for you – whenever you need a break today. Enjoy!

ONE. 

Christmas is just four days away, and then in a week and a half…New Year’s! If you are attending a New Year’s Eve party and have no idea what to wear, here are a whole bunch of ideas from Penny Pincher Fashion! She has ideas for everything from super dressy to pretty jammies. Some of the ideas can probably come from pieces you already own – and others might inspire you for something new to ring in the new year!

TWO. 

Next year I want to do a better job on Ryan’s office tree than I managed to rustle up this year. (It was admittedly pitiful this year.) It’s small, and sometimes small trees challenge me, because there isn’t much room to decorate. But I’m going to save this post which has a ton of super cute ideas for making gorgeous small/tabletop trees! If you’re downsizing your décor or just need ideas for a small tree for a small room, save these for next year!

THREE. 

Ann Voskamp has such a beautiful way with words…a way that I will never have. (And that is okay! We all approach words differently, with our own gifts.) Anyway, this piece she wrote, about peace and finding it in your heart when you find yourself struggling with judgment toward those who have hurt you, is lovely in words and sentiment. Perhaps your heart needs it today?

FOUR. 

For those of you working last minute on some gifts…here are ideas for stocking stuffers that actually have some meaning behind them! I feel like stocking stuffers can either become super cheesy or super expensive. (Just because something is SMALL doesn’t mean it’s cost-effective, right?) This is a great guide to help you purchase meaningful, frugal gifts!

FIVE. 

I was looking for a vintage Point of Grace song this week (This Day) and ran across this version I’d never seen before. It’s from a wedding and combines This Day with Great is Thy Faithfulness. Ryan and I used Great is Thy Faithfulness in our wedding, so it’s dear to me, but I have to say I adore this mix, and this is now an official favorite. It’s not Christmas music, but it’s beautiful. Enjoy!

SIX. 

Well if you just need a feel-good story to round out your Saturday, read this one! What a sweet story of a grandson who is taking his grandma to visit every single continent in the world! (And she didn’t get her first passport until she was 91!) You’re never too old…


This week's capsule wardrobe...

Saturday, December 14, 2024

Sunday, December 15, 2024

Monday, December 16, 2024

Tuesday, December 17, 2024

Wednesday, December 18, 2024

Thursday, December 19, 2024

Friday, December 20, 2024


No comments: