Saturday, December 28, 2024

Saturday Suggestions: Inspirations for Your Weekend

 


Today is the last Saturday Suggestions list in 2024! Thank you so much for reading along with these each week. I enjoy hunting down some random finds, and while I know they won’t ALL be winners for each of you, I do enjoy hearing from you about the ones that hit home along the way. My goal is to find some little nuggets that inspire, entertain, help, or simply encourage. I plan to keep this going next year, so come back next Saturday for a fresh round! Here are my final offerings for 2024.

ONE. 

These people built a replica home of the Little House from the TV show, and they live in it full time. They did make it slightly bigger and added some modern amenities – like a bathroom – but it is pretty incredible. According to one of her posts, they built it largely based on pictures from the set house, and I’m impressed by the outcome! The only thing I didn’t see (which also didn’t exist in the show) was a living room.

TWO. 

If you want to choose a word of the year for 2025, the Dayspring website has its annual quiz page up and ready to guide you. I’ve chosen my word of the year via a different method this year, but for several years, I’ve used this quiz and have loved seeing how that word plays a role in my year! There isn’t anything magical about a word of the year, but it can be a fun way to weave some intentionality into your days, for sure.

THREE. 

I had put aside this recipe to share with you and am pretty sure I never did it. I found it on a Pinterest search a while back and made a batch to share with a coworker of Ryan’s who had surgery. (We took dinner to her family one night.) Ryan said if I wanted to make these every week, I could, and he wouldn’t be upset about it. Well, I haven’t done that, but I did think I should share them with you!

FOUR. 

If you wish to shake up your laundry routine at the start of the new year, here are some recipes for essential oil sprays you can make for your wool dryer balls. Ryan and I have used dryer balls in place of dryer sheets for many years now, but I haven’t been great about adding oil scents to them. We both miss that, so I’m perusing this list of blends to see which one might be the best fit for us! I already have some glass spray bottles I can use, so I’m excited to get going on this one! BONUS: I’ve talked about it before, but as a reminder, we purchase our essential oils from Selah Oils, which offers a great product and also gives a portion of their proceeds to missions!

FIVE. 

I know Christmas is over, but in truth, I’m never done listening to Christmas music. It’s no secret that David Phelps holds the #1 spot in my heart for O Holy Night – and he always will. But this version by another of my favorites, Steve Green, is also excellent in all the best anthem-y ways. I grew up listening to Steve and still love his voice and commitment to excellent music. Enjoy!

SIX. 

Now that Christmas is in the past, you might need some fresh ideas to make your table pretty – ideas that don’t include a lot of red and green! I love this simple blue and white inspired table setting that features a lot of candles and pinecones! So pretty.

BONUS: 

Thank you for also reading along with my documentation of outfits in 2024. It has been a (mostly) fun project to do, and I have learned and been challenged by what I set out to do. I will not be continuing to daily document the outfits in 2025, but as I shared a few days ago, I do plan to continue honing the wardrobe and work on things like accessorizing!

Saturday, December 21, 2024


Sunday, December 22, 2024


Monday, December 23, 2024

Tuesday, December 24, 2024

Wednesday, December 25, 2024

Thursday, December 26, 2024

Friday, December 27, 2024

No comments: