One.
Isn't it funny how our tastes change over time? When I was first out on my own, my grandest dreams for home decor were to have the most, biggest, and best of everything. More is more, it felt like to me. And now, after a few moves and so many years of muchness, I'm seeing the beauty in simplicity. Less is more for me now. I appreciate the fullness I see around me, but when it comes to what we own personally, less is more. And that is why I loved this sweet and simple Christmas porch. It has just enough to be decorated beautifully, but it's not overdone. Less to store. Less to manage. Less to buy! I think it's perfect.
Two.
After coming home from the warmth and joy of Florida, I am even LESS ready for winter than I was before I went. I have heard this is going to be a cold winter, and I'm just not there yet. But I appreciated Callie's take on how to appreciate the winter months. If you're on the please-not-yet-with-the-cold bandwagon with me, maybe her words will help you too!
Three.
Did anyone else have an obsession with dollhouses when they were little? (Or last week?) Long before I ever had a home of my own to decorate, I thought it would be SO MUCH FUN to have a dollhouse so I could play interior designer. I never had one (assembled, anyway...I did own a project one for a while, but it never got finished) and now it feels like something Lexi might just eat. :) But how cute is this dollhouse shelf that doubles as a stocking holder at Christmas? It is just cute as a button!
Four.
This blogger's home style always makes my heart happy. I feel like she and I have many similar tastes. (She does like wallpaper, and I still can't go there, but I do like the patterns of what she picks.) She released a home tour of their newest home this week, and I love how it's shaping up! (She's a military wife, so they move often.)
Five.
Back when we lived in Kokomo, and I redid our guest room with the Anne of Green Gables theme, I fell in love with quilt bed covers. I loved the one we got for that room so much that when we moved to WillowBridge and got a whole new bed for our room (that was smaller, so I had to get new bedding), I chose a quilt for it as well. Though I've never (yet) been one to change up bedding specifically for the holidays, I do love this Christmassy quilt. Maybe one day our room will take on a whole Christmas life it's never yet seen!
Six.
Our neighbors dropped off Christmas goodies on our front porch this week. It was so fun to find them early in the morning before Ryan left for work! I know the costs of everything are going up, so maybe giving neighbor gifts - or Christmas baking in general - can't be part of your Christmas this year. But if you ARE looking for some goodie-gift ideas for neighbors or coworkers, here's some inspiration for you. In full disclosure, I haven't tried these recipes, but I do remember eating cream cheese mints when I was little, and they felt so fancy! (And I don't even like mint!) I used to do a whole huge, overdone baking day each December, and this year isn't going to be like that, but I do hope to crank out some cookies eventually.







4 comments:
What a festive mish-mash!
I’ve really gotten into changing our pillow covers for the seasons. And, I’ve even purchased a lumbar pillow with different seasonal covers as gifts.
I have a couple of antique sleds in my garage that I’ve never even put out, so I like that idea of sticking a wreath on it for porch decor.
I have always wanted a doll house too! That shelf is absolutely adorable!!! How fun it would be to change out the decorations all seasons so you could leave it hung up all year
What a fun post! I, too, always wanted a dollhouse, and I love the one in your post. Now, if I can only talk Tom into making it for me. I have no idea where we would put it so maybe I should figure that out first.
Post a Comment