Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Date Inspired by the Letter M

Podcast Tuesday!! Stories from our week and a clarification on the true goodness of our workout instructor!

We are halfway through our alphabetical dates and halfway through the year! Right on track, which makes me very happy. It has been quite fun to try new things and be purposeful, and we absolutely recommend trying this! (For those of you who might not have a date, I thought to myself the other day that a lot of these can be easily modified for friend outings!)

Our date inspired by the letter M was supposed to happen Friday night, but alas, it poured so hard Friday afternoon that streets started flooding throughout town, and we were so exhausted that we just didn't feel up to fighting closed roads and rain and everything else. So our date started out by being modified. LOL!

Saturday night, after we spent the day with Phoebe, we went on our date!

We tried out a Mexican restaurant that we'd not been to before. (It's not new; we just hadn't been there.) It's called Mi Familia, which worked out pretty well!
It was clean, the food was good, and the service was very prompt, so that was a triple win for us. I loved how colorful the booths were! (The photo below is actually the top of the table.)
Chips and salsa, refilled promptly, and quite delicious.

Ryan got a sampler platter, and I ordered a chimichanga. I haven't had one of those in probably over a decade. A delicious treat!

The original plan had been to go home, have homemade mochas and watch a movie, but when we dropped Phoebe off to her people before our date, they asked us to come in and have coffee. We told them we would come back after dinner, so we met up with them for a couple of hours of just absolutely delightful conversation!
We rounded out our modified date with a trip to Meijer for groceries. Ha!

I'm not sure what happened here. I'm looking at the wrong end and Ryan is apparently terrified. But then again. Shopping for groceries can do that to a person.

Bring on the second half of the alphabet! It will be fun!







2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

How fun!! Those chips look good!!

Heather Hoffeditz said...

I love their chimichangas!