Thursday, July 13, 2017

Adventures in Learning

If you heard the podcast this week, this information won't be a surprise to you, but if you missed that, then I should tell you I'm going on a little adventure!

Earlier this year, I received an email from an author friend of mine asking if I'd like to attend a writing/speaking conference this summer. (Fun fact: I actually met her at a writer's conference many years ago! Through the joy of social media, we've gotten to know each other in the years that have followed, and she has her first book coming out this year!)

My initial reaction to her invitation was no, because you know how I feel about being away from Ryan! But I took a gander at the schedule and found myself intrigued by some of the workshop topics.

The price was steep for our little one-income household, but I had enough advance notice that I hoped I could earn enough to (more than) cover my costs. So I talked with Ryan about it, and he agreed I should give it a try. We prayed in faith for God to open financial doors to cover the costs, and He did! I was awarded a small scholarship towards the conference fees, and I have earned enough this year to more than cover what has been needed.

I've worked hard to prepare for this conference. I've prayed, of course, that I will be able to soak up as much information as is humanly possible. I've prayed for safety over our car (okay, Sarah's car) as we travel together. I've prayed for health, since if church on Sunday was any indication, the season of summer colds has arrived in full fury.

And of course then there was the creation of the nerdy note-taking and organizing binder, with all color coding and cover sheet making.

(Yeah, I'm that girl.)

So I'll be in learning mode here for the next day or two. If you'd like to join me in prayer for the whole conference and for my own little heart, I'd love it! Hopefully I'll learn all kinds of incredibly helpful information that I can implement not just here on the blogaroo, but in my whole ministry!

Back to school (temporarily) for Bekah!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Have so much fun!

Maria Rineer said...

Exciting! I hope you have fun and learn a lot!!