You guys!!!
Thank you so much for all the birthday love yesterday! It was such a lovely day, and I can't wait to tell you about it!
But before I tell you about my birthday, I have to tell you about our Saturday! Ryan worked, and I spent the whole day cleaning and cooking and preparing for Mommapalooza 4.0. (Don't take that in a complaining tone; I loved doing it!)
But that afternoon, we got all gussied up (as they say) and went to our second wedding in as many weeks! I told you last month about my friend Brittany (whose family has taken me in as an additional family member) and her bridal shower, where I served as speaker and photographer. Well, the wedding was Saturday! And it was lovely.
The wedding was at a country club, so that meant we had to pull out better than our Sunday best!
We had a gorgeous day for a drive, which was good, since we had a little over an hour on the road!
I ran into one of my former students at the wedding (from my Financial Aid days) as soon as I arrived. We stared at each other for a minute, trying to figure out who we were. We finally got it! I don't often see people from those days, so that was fun!
Because I've forgotten how to look at a camera:
Brittany was a beautiful bride, and I sneaked a few pictures, while trying not to be "that" guest.
Really enjoyed the ceremony, and then the reception was fun, too!
Brittany shared that they chose to get married in May because her parents had gotten married in May, and so had her aunt and uncle, and so had her grandparents! They honored her grandparents by sharing a special dance with them. (Also, I first typed "daince," which may pay tribute to the fact that an Andy Griffith marathon played in our house all day today.)
And speaking of her grandparents, I stole these two pictures from them. Seems I got asked to dance (or daince) too!
Thanks, Sandee! :)
When we left the reception, we headed in search of some coffee and then went to pick up our Phoebe girl, who spent the night with us. When we made that stop, I GOT FLOWERS!! These were part of my birthday gift from Ryan!
Fun evening!! And we got home before the shoes started killing my feet! BONUS!!!!
5 hours ago


1 comment:
How lovely!!! Looks like a beautiful wedding and you looked gorgeous!
Post a Comment