As we greet this final day of May, I have one thing to say:
WHEW.
We knew when we said hello to May 1st that this month was going to be crazy in ways we couldn't imagine. Mommapalooza, my birthday, five speaking engagements, a vacation, a bridal shower, and a few other things thrown in for good measure made for a wild ride. A good ride, but a wild ride.
BUT WE DID IT!!
This past Sunday, our pastor preached on where do we go from here? Great question! This month marked a chapter change for us. I have some time to work on writing projects, to reflect on the almost first half (can you believe that?) of this year, and to dream about and pray over the possibilities in the future.
It's exciting, really. I told Ryan the other day that this time in life feels like a time of many possibilities, and that is a great place to be! If we findourselves in a place of waiting for direction, at least it's also a place of hope that whatever is out there ahead of us is good and chosen.
Maybe your May was exhausting, and maybe it wasn't. Maybe you're in a waiting period, and maybe you're not. But I wanted to share this with you today to give you some hope. Where do you go from here? Maybe you know and maybe you're waiting to find out. Either way, I hope you see the brightness of possibilities awaiting.
Most of all, I hope you dream. I've always lived in a head full of dreams, and I still do. Those dreams inspire me. Some of mine have ended up reality and some have not. But even those that never burst into being were still beautiful.
Still dreaming, still praying, still waiting to see what God has ahead. (And now that the calendar isn't so full, I have more time for all of it!)
Dream big in June, my friends!
6 hours ago
3 comments:
This month felt so long and so short all at the same time!
I love this Bekah.
One thing this post reminded me of is, at our church, we give Bibles to the kids finishing Grade 6. The rest of the congregation is encouraged to underline verses that are meaningful to them and write a note of encouragement to the kids. If I know the kids well, I try to find a personal verse for them but otherwise I am so drawn to Jeremiah 29:11.
I always write that God's plans may not be our plans but they are always such good plans for us. Better than what we could imagine for ourselves. And your post today reminds me of that.
"I hope you see the brightness of possibilities waiting." I love that line!!
Post a Comment