Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Birthday Fun!

It's podcast Tuesday, and here is our offering to you. (Please excuse our occasional mental blocks. I think our brains had started to shut down!) But we did have some fun stories from the wedding (yesterday's blog) and my birthday and Mommapalooza! :)
For the second year in a row, my birthday fell on a weekend, so Ryan and I got to spend the day together, which was basically the perfect way to spend a birthday! :)

Ryan and I are in love with the breakfast pizzas you can get at Casey's. (That's a gas station if you're not from around here or don't purchase your food from gas stations. LOL!) These pizzas are so stinking good, but they're not really good FOR you, so we only get them on very special occasions. Like turning 39.
I also opened all my cards and gifts that had come in the mail and my gift from Ryan! (Had some help from the Pheebster.)

(Excuse my bedhead. And jammies. And everything else.)
 Phoebe reading cards.
 Shari! I LOVED THE MUG! And nope, I sure didn't have one! Thank you!!!!!
 My gift from Ryan, which as I said on the podcast, is basically the size of our house. Poor guy had to have it delivered to work and wrapped it at work. He has a hard time getting stuff like that done at home since I never leave!
 IT'S A NINJA!!!!!
 Ryan suggested maybe it was a recycled box. Phoebe did not approve of the joke.
 No but for real! It is a Ninja! With all the bells and whistles! Single serving cups, the big blender, the food processor. Sweet goodness. Watch out! The Shaffers are in business!!!
The next phase of celebration came in conjunction with Mommapalooza, so I'll save the actual mother-related parts for tomorrow, but it's fun to have a birthday that falls on a holiday when people can actually show up and celebrate with you! We had 13 people over for lunch, and I hope they had fun; I did!
My birthday flowers from Ryan. They wouldn't all fit in one vase. Terrible problem to have, isn't it? :)

Ice cream cake - from my mother!
Gifts with the fam:
 My sister, Julie! All beach themed gifts from her! YAY!

Terrible photo of me, but cracks me up because the first thing I do when I get a book is smell it. I LOVE the smell of new books! This is my new Bible!! :) Thanks, Mom and Dad!
 The gift from the Mini-Shaffers required assistance in opening. :) They got me one of those super cool travel mugs that looks like a camera lens. I have always wanted one! (Well, since I knew they existed, of course.)
 Birthday photo with the Pheebster.
 They sang to me! (I secretly love blowing out candles more than I should.)
After everyone left Mommapalooza and we got things cleaned up, we just enjoyed a nice evening at home together. Went for a walk...drank some coffee...watched a little TV...caught up on my Facebook well-wishes. It was a good day!

Thanks Ryan (and everyone!) for making it such a lovely day!

6 comments:

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

That was a full day! You deserve it!
And Phoebe is SO CUTE!!!!!! She seems to be smiling all the time!
:D

Tamar SB said...

Such a fun day!! Enjoy your Ninja!!!

Maria Rineer said...

Ninja jealous over here :)! What a great way to celebrate your day- surrounded by loved ones.

Shari said...

Whew.....so glad the mug wasn't a duplicate!! Loved seeing the pictures and I could just steal that Phoebe girl!!

Odie Boggs said...

I'm so glad you had a good day.

Anonymous said...

i am late in saying this but HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL!!!!!! Looks so fun and what a great gift and mmm that cake and all your posts make my day! Know I am always reading even if I don't have a moment to comment. I love it!
XOXO