I guess turning eleven must be boring, because Braeya was not so much of a celebration girl. We tried to hype up the day for her. (Lame, yes. I know.) She was much more interested in napping. And given the insane amounts of rain around here, I would have to say I didn't blame her. Days like yesterday were made for napping. Definitely.
Nevertheless, a birthday must be properly celebrated, so here are some of our attempts at recognizing the day for our girl:
In yesterday's blog, I mentioned that it was also the 10 year anniversary of the tornado that hit the town where my sister lives. My brother-in-law was actually interviewed in conjunction with that anniversary, partly about the day and partly about his book. Thank goodness for social media that lets us see these things from so many miles away! You can watch it here.
In other news, tomorrow I have my first speaking engagement for the month of May. I'm really looking forward to it! I will be in Huntington at a church's ladies' brunch, and I think it will be a wonderful time! Looking forward to seeing some friends I know and meeting new ones! :)
I get to revisit my Be Still topic for this event, and I love it. I have such a deep passion for those sessions, and I've been praying that the ladies who are there that morning will find a new measure of stillness in the CRAZY BUSYNESS of life!
So that's my randomness for today! :)
5 hours ago
3 comments:
I love how you hype everything, always live with enthusiasm it's awesome!!
Brayea is a cool cat. She was hyped about her birthday. On the inside. Outside... just coolness!
:)
I'm shure they will learn a lot.
Have a great weekend!
:)
Tamar - Oh thank you!! That made me smile! :)
Paula - A cool cat...a temperamental cat...all the same, right?
Post a Comment