It is, of course, podcast Tuesday, so I begin by bringing you this week's episode of Spill the Beans, with stories from the detox fail and our weekend! ENJOY!
Yesterday I told you about my trek to Fort Wayne for photography fun at Daddy Daughter Date Night. Our weekend of busyness continued into Saturday, because I had my first speaking engagement of May on Saturday!
Ryan and I traveled to Huntington Baptist Church to speak to their ladies group during their spring luncheon. (And we narrowly escaped a speeding ticket on the way there. EEK!)
It was supposed to be a cold and rainy Saturday, but it was sunny the whole day. What a blessing!
I'd been invited to speak at this church because my friend Debbie attends there and called a few weeks ago to ask me if I would join them. I first met Debbie over 10 years ago when she attended a different church, and I visited their women's Bible group for a Beth Moore study. Debbie took me under her wing and was so kind to me, even though I didn't regularly attend there. I've never forgotten that!
Debbie is a sweetheart and is completely devoted the Lord. Always an encouragement!
I was so glad to have Ryan with me that day. As I tell him every single time he comes with me, things just go better when he's there. He has a very calming way about him!
We arrived early so I could get set up. Ryan was in charge of the camera, so he did test pictures while I set up the podium area. LOL!
He also helped me set up my book table, and then took pictures of me and my coffee with my table. #priorities
The ladies carried in breakfast/brunch foods, and it was all so delicious. The great part of speaking at churches for meals is that church folk are the best cooks ever. The worst part of speaking at churches for meals is that I don't want to overeat before I get up and speak. Except I really want to overeat!
There was such an amazing atmosphere in the room that day. You could tell it had been well-prayed-over and the Holy Spirit was present in a big way! I thoroughly enjoyed my time of sharing and felt so relaxed!
After I spoke, I got to stay and meet with some of the women. PeggySue (who took my job at WBCL) was there, and it was good to see her!
And I got to meet in real life my Facebook friend, Sarah!
All in all, a wonderful morning with the ladies! Thankful for new friends and Ryan's support!
6 hours ago

2 comments:
I love hearing about your speaking engagements! You look amazing up there!
Those ladies seem to be very nice. Another mission acomplished!
:)
Post a Comment