Mom, Dad, and I had just walked in the door after church on Sunday morning when the phone rang (there were no cell phones in those days...at least for the commoners) and my brother-in-law told us they were at the hospital! It was baby day! So we scurried right on over to the hospital (missed lunch and everything!) to meet this cuteness:
In honor of Miss Cassie's 21st birthday, I thought I'd share some pictures from her early days. I took pictures of the pictures in my scrapbook, so the quality isn't superb. My apologies. (There are also some VERY comical shots of yours truly if you're in need of a laugh.)
My sleeping beauty.
Isn't she a cutie pie?
Playing at my other sister's apartment.
Evening wear...and a snack. Goodness, Lori, didn't you give her any food? ;) Just KIDDIN!
Concert by Cassie.
This is NOT the one I wanted to post. This is the one that I thought she'd still speak to me after seeing....
This was NOT sideways in the computer album. Why is it sideways on here? Anyway. This was in my room back in the day at my parents' house. She LOVED hanging out in my room. (And why wouldn't she!?!?)
ALSO not sideways in the computer. This was on my parents' porch. See the cat asleep in the swing? She loved our kitties.
This may be the worst picture of ALL of us (not to mention too blurry). Let's just walk through this left to right, okay? I was in a "poof my bangs as high as they would go" stage in an attempt to look like I was from a Janette Oke novel. (I'm not kidding.) The Native American necklace was a touristy souvenir I'd purchased on the visit to see Cassie. The rest of the outfit was just unfortunate. AND I was sick. Cassie was either sick, or tired, or both. Hence the slump. And LORI!! Those JEANS! Love em!!!!
This is not me. This is my OTHER sister, Julie. But she was about my age (okay she would have been a little younger than I am now) when this was taken. We kinda look alike don't we? Don't ask me why I remember this, but this was taken at a family dinner at my aunt's house. Mom took a crock pot of chicken and noodles to that dinner and my job was to keep an eye on it during the ride over. I failed to complete my task, the crock pot spilled, and I ended up wearing hot chicken and noodles on my feet (which were in canvas shoes). Can we say BURN!?!?!!?
Look - sideways again! RRR! Anyway. I love this picture of her. That's Julie again.
Seriously annoying with the sideways thing. Cassie - you started cooking early. :)
Her first steps (well...the steps were her Dad's, but you get the idea) into her home!!
Cassie and Jeff (my brother-in-law...also known as her dad) during a family lunch for a holiday. This is now my house. It looks very different. VERY different.
Look what's sideways again! This is Cassie hanging out in my room again. Please make a note of a forbidden cat inside the house.
This is probably how she's feeling right about now looking at all these pictures!
It's a What Not to Wear special!! (Me, not her. WHO LET ME OUT LOOKING LIKE THAT!?!?!!?) But love that little baby!!
Me and my girl. We were inseparable. (And the hairbrush had apparently not yet been invented.)
I remember this. We were doing an "ice skating" routine and this was our finale.
I miss print dresses. (okay maybe not.)
I won't even say it. About the sideways thing. Won't mention it.
Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's. Which is now my house. And it sits right side up.
Reading with my girl.
Cassie, I am in complete denial that you are TWENTY ONE. It's mathematically impossible. But I know that I love you very much - and I'm SO GLAD you're my girl. You made my dreams come true by being the best niece ever. I miss you. I don't miss poofy bangs. I do miss you.
Hope you have the happiest of all the birthdays.
Hugs!
No comments:
Post a Comment