Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday Sentiments

 


I’ve been working so hard on my study of Leviticus, but I have paused it momentarily to study in Psalms. I felt weighed down by law-study and needed something that soothed my soul a bit more intently. That’s how I landed in Psalms…119 to be exact. Yes, I picked the longest one.

            Last night I read a commentary over one of the early sections of that psalm and explored some of the phrases in deeper detail. 

            With my whole heart I seek you, verse 10 says. We use that phrase “whole heart” in our home quite often, usually in relation to Lexi’s undying devotion to us. After she loses her mind with delight when Ryan comes home from work, I’ll ask her, “Do you love him with your whole heart?” And sometimes when she’s working her gaze to get what she wants, I’ll tell her that I love her with my whole heart.

            When I think about how much that sweet little girl loves us and how much we love her…how intense that is…I have to ask myself if I am seeking the Lord with that kind of intensity. Am I running after Him with my whole heart? Do I seek Him with inexplicable joy?

            May the Lord find my heart…my whole heart…excited to seek Him!

No comments: