Thursday, October 03, 2019

Lookin' Pretty Good for 82!

...months, that is!

82 months of marriage accomplished YESTERDAY!!!

Funny story: I found this in my Facebook memories: "During our devos this morning, Ryan thanked God for these nine great months of marriage. After prayer, I asked him which of the months he didn't like. Happy TEN month anniversary!"

So yesterday morning, after wishing him a happy monthiversary, he said, "81 months?" There is still that one month that he just hasn't loved, huh?

I'm teasing you, Ryan! All 82 have been worth keeping and loving. So we'll do both.

In keeping with our monthiversaries this year, it was a busy and chaotic sort of day that didn't lend itself to spending a ton of quality time together, but we did mark the day as worthy and lovely with the time we had!

Morning coffee together. (Excuse my pre-makeup face.)
Ryan went to work, and I worked from home. Ran a few errands, too. I didn't take a picture of this because there were too many people around, but I found it interesting that the side of our K-Mart has two huge signs. One says "Store Closing" and right next to it is the "Now Hiring" sign. It doesn't really lend itself to job security, does it?

Whilst I was out running errands, I stopped by our favorite cake shop to get monthiversary cake. Lemon raspberry and chocolate peanut butter. Yummmmmmmmm.

Our women's Bible study met last night, so I wasn't able to have the evening at home with Ryan, and you have no idea how sad that made me. I love our Bible study and was excited to go learn, but I really really really really hate being apart on the second!

Before we went, though, my friend Amber took some photos of us. I didn't know that in the first ones, someone was giving me bunny ears with a pumpkin.



I am grateful for these 82 months. And we're coming up on the anniversary of our engagement, so I cant help but think back to this same time seven years ago, when I had no clue that everything about life was about to change in wildly unexpected (yet very welcomed) ways.

I'm grateful for a husband who is loving and comforting even when I'm crying off all my makeup and freaking out over things that are weeks down the road. Even though we were apart for Bible study last night, the night before that we co-led our small group, and I love doing that kind of ministry together. I'm grateful for the way he supports all the bazillion things I'm involved in right now and how he believes in the work I do, even when I'm struggling to feel like I'm doing a very good job.

82 months have been good to us, even though some of them have been filled with hard seasons of life. So let's have more coffee and celebrate that!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Happy 82 months!! Those cakes look amazing!

Bekah said...

Tamar - they are! That little shop (and it is LITTLE) makes dozens of amazing cakes every week. It is so hard to pick a flavor because all the choices are so good!