* Last Sunday, we were completely spent with exhaustion, so we declared a day of true rest and stayed home in our jam jams the entire day. We made waffles for breakfast, spent time praying together, and rarely left the couch, which was fine, since the day was filled with rain. Restful, gentle rain, not angry stormy rain. Perfect day to stay home and rejuvenate.
* Monday I went to work to begin the next phase of countdowns for the change ahead. I've started taking pictures of my office and pieces of my job - so expect a lot of that in the next few weeks. Monday it was my trusty message board above my desk, which holds a little bit of work and a little bit of play, and i love them both. LOVED walking by the gorgeous blooming tree outside the front door of the station. Spring is gorgeous!! And that night? Apple pie, coffee, and the DVR with my handsome husband.
* Tuesday I started editing the last round {that I'll do} of encore shows to cover any days off between now and the time I leave. I remember when I first started my job, learning how to edit was one of the things I wasn't sure I'd ever master, so this is a bittersweet end for me. Finally learned it - and who knows? Maybe I'll need that skill again. Ryan attended a conference for work that evening, which meant we had to eat dinner apart. That is SO WEIRD for us. And now we know why he needs me - he forgot to take the paper off his sub before he ate it! {Kidding.} I was supposed to have a massage, but we had some scheduling miscommunications, so I ended up reading all evening - no complaints there!
* Wednesday I had a new experience: a chocolate Cadbury egg!! I had no idea such things even EXISTED!!!! Did you? It was yummy! Thanks, Amy, for introducing me!! Ryan had an exhausting day at work {probably partly because he'd had such a long day the day before} - so we declared it a night on Mo. No one was more excited about that than Braeya, who was first to show up for it. HA!!! I did get up late that evening to make a round of quesadillas for the next day. Delicious.
* Thursday...was BLT day!! I only have a few of those left, so I'm trying to enjoy each one to the fullest. :) It was such a beautiful day on Thursday that Ryan came home from work to mow the yard for the first time this season. The grass is so green and pretty!! {I can say that because I'm not the one who has to take care of it!} And while he did that, I got busy on birthday prep for Mr. Birthday Boy: wrapping his present and making the treats!
* Friday was a FULL DAY!! First and foremost, it was Ryan's birthday, which made the entire day full of celebration. I threw a little breakfast party for him in the wee hours of the morning before we went to work. His co-workers carried on faithfully while he spent the day with them, and then that evening, the two of us went for dinner at Tucano's, and we came home absolutely STUFFED. And as if that wasn't enough for one day, I also spent the day at the Landmark Event Center in Fort Wayne, with most of my work girls, helping to set up for Daddy Daughter Date Night, which took place yesterday. We worked hard to transform the place into a date night paradise!
* Ryan took yesterday off work, since it was his birthday weekend and all. We slept in late, the after-effects of our Tucano's meat coma.When we got up, it was time for me to get ready to go work my last event with WBCL: Daddy Daughter Date Night. It was a really bittersweet night, since Ryan couldn't go with me, and it's always hard to go to events without him. But I had a good time and got to play photographer, which makes me happy!! And Mark Schultz put on a great concert for the girls and their dads!!
6 hours ago







5 comments:
Looks like a fun week. I know this transition feels so weird but I know that you are going to love being home in whatever capacity you can be. You already love Ryan so well, so I imagine that will only get better!! Also, does Ruan have to work 6 days a week every week? If so, yuck!!
What a busy week! Enjoy all the lasts at work!
Leslie - I should say that I am so very much looking forward to whatever is next. It's just so strange to be saying goodbye to what has been. Eleven week goodbyes are HARD!! :) And nope, he doesn't have to work six days every week - but it sure feels that way. He usually has to work two weekends a month, and typically I have worked one as well, which has left us only an average of one Saturday a month to either stay home and do chores or go out and see a county or something else. Having at least one more Saturday back every month is something I'm looking forward to.
Tamar - Sure trying!!
I can totally understand that. Sometimes, lingering good byes are WAY harder! Just knee looking forward. Good things coming! And yay, for more Saturdays together! :-)
This looks like a fun full week. I am looking forward to reading more about Ryan's birthday celebration. And between a massage and time to read, I'm not sure which I would want more.
Post a Comment