Today was "doing day." My focus in every action was - am I doing this in love? And I was surprised to find the day not as difficult as I imagined it would be. Perhaps it was because I didn't have any appointments on the books. Or because the phones, though busy, were not filled with people who tested my patience to the limit. (Patience is the start of verse four, so perhaps they're all waiting for that day to arrive.)
In fact, I very much enjoyed talking to the people who called today. Many were old friends from last year who are just now calling for their first round of information for the upcoming year. We caught up on summers and plans and that sort of thing.
I had lunch with a friend...staff meeting did not take as long as it has been known to take...I got a free coffee after work...an unexpected gift card for my Mary Kay party...even Kaegan is extra friendly tonight. It's been a good day. And I find it's easy to do in love when people are "deserving" of love and all is right in the world.
I thought perhaps because "doing" is what I do, it just came more naturally than the first two things I had to learn about. But I think instead that it was just a good day. Not every day has to be challenging. A good one can hide among the rest.
So I was poised to move on to verse four - which I dread, by the way. Any phrase including the word "patient" is not going to be my friend. I can tell you that right now.
But tonight while I talked to one of my friends, I said something that just wasn't kind. And she called me on it. She said, "Bekah, that wasn't nice." I said, "Oh, I know." That has haunted me ever since.
So I think God has put the brakes on moving on to verse four. I think instead what I get to do is revisit verses one, two, and three together. Tomorrow's assignment is to work on my speaking, my knowing, and my doing - and in all three - be meaningful, be something, and be favorable in the sight of God and man. Oh boy.
Dare I even wonder what my Friday holds?
No comments:
Post a Comment