Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Saturday Six

One.
This bedroom makeover is really cute - and it reminds me of the very kind of thing Ryan and I would do. (No, we are not redoing our bedroom. Just the style of it reminded me of what we might do!)

Two.
This isn't the first time I've linked to a book challenge on the Saturday Six. This particular one is a list of 140 classic novels, and I was just curious how many I've read. I could say for sure I've read sixteen, which is actually pretty pathetic for a writing major. In all fairness, there are a few more I may have read, but I just don't remember them. I have a few chunks of high school/college classroom memories that are lost to me now. How many of these have you read? Are you a classic book reader?

Three.
My non-social-media-participating husband has recently developed his first social media love: Tik Tok. WHAT?! When he first told me about it, I couldn't quite believe it, but he's quite into it! He doesn't post anything, but he loves watching all the videos. So even though this link I'm sharing with you is not from Tik Tok, this is something he learned from a Tik Tok video! I had no idea you could juice a lemon this way. Did you know this?? Seems so much cleaner than the messy way I know!

Four.
It seems like around here, most e-learning years are wrapping up, but for those of you who enjoyed the chance to learn at home and aren't ready to be done yet, here are some ideas for having a gardening-based classroom. If you're planning to grow some things this summer anyway, you might as well take advantage for the extra chance to officially learn!

Five.
I don't think it's any secret to those of you who have been reading for a while that the RV bug has bitten me. I started out wanting a good old class C, and then I became enamored by camper vans (class B), and truth be told, I still love them. But our budget aligns more with a pop up, which I've never liked...until I saw this makeover. Don't look, Ryan. Except...LOOK!!!!!

Six.
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a vintage story from the blog that I'd found when archiving old posts. I found another one that I thought you might like revisiting. A little classic Ryan and Bekah for you!

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I've read about 45ish of the books! Great list!!

Tracy Gayer said...

I could not bear to re-read the whole post about dinner in Chicago! It was too painful! LOL!

I think I have told you that I love the minimal mom on YouTube. Their family bought a camper and remodeled it. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/A6rtZwLBGbs

I found a YouTube channel that you might enjoy. It is called glue guns and roses. She makes a lot of decorations using items from the dollar tree and other inexpensive finds.

Julie said...

I counted 33 - possibly more, but I wasn't sure if I had read them completely, or just read parts of them in English class.

Natasha said...

I've read 63 of the books on that list but I'm an English major and lived overseas where long books (War & Peace, Anna Karenina, The Brothers Karamazov) kept me entertained for longer. Plus, I read whatever I could get my hands on and well... classics were more readily available.

Ummmm... I never thought a popup camper could be pretty but she knocked it out of the park. Wow! That's incredible!!!

Bekah said...

Tamar - That's impressive!!

Tracy - That's so funny! And thanks for the links! You find the best stuff!

Julie - The English class partial reads threw me, too. I hope my count was right!

Natasha - You are the reading HERO!!! I don't think I've ever met anyone who has read more books than you!!!