2 days ago
Monday, May 04, 2020
Happy Birthday to our Braeya-Girl!
Today we're celebrating our Braeya-girl, because it's her birthday!
But it's also my sister's birthday, and I want to wish her the happiest of days! I have the coolest gift picked out for her, but alas, it's been virus-delayed. Sigh. I was so sad when I learned it couldn't ship in time! Hopefully it will just allow her to have an even longer celebration. Happy birthday, Lori!
So on this day that is apparently the best day to have a birthday, we celebrate the second of three quarantine birthdays in Shafferland.
At least I can get a lot of mileage out of my birthday printable purchase!
Braeya is FOURTEEN years old. I told Ryan that he's 41, she's 14, and I think he acts 14 and she acts 41! :)
We don't blog at length about her on here, because she spends most of her day deep in a hard-core nap, and that doesn't make for the most exciting blog fodder. But I thought I'd show you some snippets from her quite-charmed life over the past year. She really doesn't properly appreciate how great she has it.
We are thrilled to report that our newly-redesigned guest bath has brought to a screeching halt her demands for fresh sink water. She's remembered that drinks work just as well from a bowl beside her food. But for most of this year, she spent a lot of time right here.
Back-of-the-couch naps...
Kitty-bed naps...
Under-the-curtain naps...
It all makes her very hungry. Begging is a bad habit we haven't yet kicked. Maybe when she's 14?
Another bad habit she needs to kick? Being inhospitable to sweet people who just want to love her more than life itself.
She was ruffled because we asked her to share "her room" with them...
It's not like she's short on sleep...or love.
She's perfected "the look." Such a teenager.
And though she probably wants me to think otherwise, I don't think curling up with the prayer shawl makes her a feline of prayer.
She does like to pretend she's the resident guard cat, though, guarding everything from the mail to our shoes. Whatever she finds...
She works out...
...but it exhausts her so.
She helps me work, or so she thinks.
And decorate...
And then she goes back to guarding...
She's not at all left out, though she'd want you to think she is...
Her hobbies lately have included sunbathing on the porch...
"Helping" with laundry...
Any amount of time spent with her dad...
Scavenging for leftovers...
Napping some more...
So as you can see...she's well-loved, well-documented, and well-pampered.
Happy birthday, Braeya Joa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Happy Birthday, Braeya!! You are beautiful, pose for some sweet pictures, and are very lucky too! So glad I got to meet you and pamper you myself! :)
Happy birthday sweet kitty!!
Some pretty amazing personalities celebrate birthdays on May the fourth...including my mother. While no longer with us, she was born 108 years ago. Perhaps Braeya is closer in age (cat years) to her? Lois
This may be my favorite post of yours!!! Love cats and all the photos of sweet Braeya! We have a spoiled feline here as well named Ariel and can relate to a lot of the pictures you shared. Thanks for the cure and fun post!!!
Happy Birthday beautiful kitty!!!
Thanks, everyone! (And I'm sure she would thank you too if manners were higher on her list!)
Post a Comment