3 days ago
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Dreams and Goals for June 2020
Wow. If I thought it was difficult to make month-ahead goals for days of quarantine with little freedom, I have to say it's even harder to make goals for the unpredictable days of reopening! I think I know what we we might be allowed to aim for, but I hate to plan too specifically, because it could all change, couldn't it?
Well, I'll do my best with what I know at this time and make adjustments as necessary.
1. Archive another full year of old blog posts.
If I'm able to achieve this, it will bring me up to July of 2016, which will mean I have almost my first full decade of blogging archived. And I'll be well over halfway done with the project! It has been surprisingly delightful to do this project!
2. Keep up on scrapbooking and begin a vacation album.
I have successfully kept up with my present day, chronological albums, and I'd like to continue to do that! I also hope to at least start (if not mostly finish) a vacation book that isn't done.
3. Keep our tomato plants alive...maybe even see them thrive? Is that too much to ask?
A few days after my birthday, I picked up a couple of tomato plants from a friend who had extras, and they've been growing like crazy in their little porch planters. I cannot...cannot...tell said friend that I have accidentally killed the plants he donated to my trial gardening cause, so they must live. They must!!!!
4. Finish the living room project.
During quarantine, we painted our living room. And then we accidentally painted the kitchen because the living room color didn't turn out the way we planned, and the two rooms meet up in the middle. (Long story.) We have a plan in place for one of the walls in the living room, but the virus apparently put some of our supplies on backorder. It would be splendid to be able to finish that project! And maybe even hang up the rest of the wall art we haven't put back since painting. I think we're starting to become simultaneously annoyed by/oblivious to the piles of supplies in our bedroom.
5. Get our air conditioning fixed.
How was this not item #1?!?!!? We turned on our air conditioning over the weekend and though it did groan to life, it did not emit nearly the freezing cold air it should have. So we turned it back off and "called the man" (in the words of that one Andy Griffith show line). Naturally he can't come until next week, so we've been sitting in 80 degree living room weather, and it's been a marvelous opportunity to find joy while melting.
6. Exercise. Again.
This one makes the list a lot, doesn't it? We've been doing some new workouts lately - and were doing fairly well before the air conditioning went on vacation. I could not do a cardio workout in an 80 degree house without A/C. I just couldn't do it. So we'll move this one to June and power through! We really like the workouts we've tried!
I feel like this is a manageable list in a very unpredictable season! Do you have any goals for June? Any of you have to cancel anything that has made you sad? Any of you restarting any part of life this month ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ugh to no AC!!!!
How is it almost June!!
How are you archiving the blog, storing or saving it to the cloud???
We cancelled our trip to Florida for our granddaughter’s graduation ceremony or hopefully postponed. Our son said it was too early to come down to Florida on June 4 as they are just opening up. So we we are taking a long weekend trip (5 days/4 nights) to Townsend, Tennessee, the peaceful side of the Smoky Mountains. My most favorite place to go in this nation other than to see my children. We are staying in a one bedroom apartment on the Little River. We will social distance there. My host said there are two coffee roaster shops in Townsend that we will have to try. I may start a Bekah habit and visit a coffee shop everywhere we go. Looking forward to getting away from the house but still planning to stay somewhat isolated. Good luck with your June goals. Glad you are both healthy. Miss you. Gerri
Tamar - I know!!! I just watched our one second per day video for the year yesterday and was amazed at how much this year has held!
Anonymous - No, I'm actually just saving it all into a Word document so I have it on my own drives. I know it may not be the fastest way, but it allows me to go back through every single post!
Gerri - Oh, I'm so sorry your trip got canceled (or postponed)! That is sad! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time in Tennessee. It sure is beautiful there!! You'll have to tell me if you get to the coffee shop!! Miss you too!
Post a Comment