I cannot wait to show you this last bit of our Christmas decorating. I am so excited about how it turned out!
Ryan and I had some upgrades made to our outdoor living spaces this year, and one of them actually gave us an enclosed porch area, which has been one of the absolute delights of our year. And from the moment it all started to come together, I began scheming about a Christmas tree for that area. (I may or may not have mentioned this to the construction guys who may or may not have rolled their eyes.)
Originally I wanted a great big tree, but I found a seedling of an idea on Pinterest that changed the entire course of my decorating scheme, and I absolutely fell in love with the outcome.
A Christmas tree farm.
It all started because I found a sign on Etsy for a personalized Christmas tree farm sign. The original sign said "complimentary cider and hot cocoa," but I asked the maker if she could replace cider with coffee, because it's us. She did! And I loved the outcome! (FYI, this sign was a digital download that we could print wherever we wanted. It was extremely affordable in both purchase and printing. AND it's on sale right now. Don't tell Ryan.)
I had much of what I needed already...with a healthy collection of small trees gathered throughout my years of decorating. Ryan and I went to Hobby Lobby when they had trees 50% off and got about five more small ones to add. We also found some inexpensive small, plain wreaths and a roll of plaid ribbon so we could hang wreaths from the windows.
I found a little lantern at the Goodwill for almost nothing...and I shopped the house for other lanterns. AND...when we pulled the décor out of the attic, I remembered that I'd found some toy snowballs at a garage sale this summer for just a couple of bucks! I was able to find a free printable on Pinterest to go with that.
The crowning part was the addition of a couple of light strands. Ryan's sister got married in a barn a couple of summers ago, and his mom and Allen had purchased dozens of light strands that decorated the inside of the barn. His other sister had some of them just sitting in storage, so she brought me a couple of boxes, and we draped them among all the trees.
Oh! I almost forgot! Our Christmas gift to each other this year is this heater that looks like a miniature cast iron stove. We went ahead and did our gifting early so we could enjoy the porch! I pulled the coffee pot out of my kitchen décor and added a couple of little stoneware mugs I found for less than $2.00 (total) at the Goodwill, and that completed the look!
Day or night, we love this room so much.
Want to see?
This is the main collection of trees. I pulled plaid throw blankets out of the guest room and draped them over end tables and ottomans so I could have places to elevate some of the trees.
Isn't it just the cutest little heater?
Snowballs and a sign! (The snowballs are meant to be an indoor game, so at some point, I fully expect a Shafferland snowball fight!)
Another little tree corner!
At night, it's just as swoonworthy...
Here are some closer shots of a few of the detail pieces:
We love our tree farm! Hope you do, too! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Did I miss this new porch space in your posts this summer? Tell us more about it, inside and outside pics. I love screened porches. Do you do computer work out there, does Braeya like it?
Mayday
GOOSHLICK is the only word (for me) to describe this Christmas Tree Farm! I LOVE it! Great idea! Good job in creating it!! :) OH, and I might be knocking on that back door real soon!! LOL!
Beautiful! How did not know about the enclosed back porch? Where did you get your 2 hanging wreaths?
I love it! Some festive and cozy.
Still jealous. Did you hang your wreaths on the inside? We used to hang some but they always blew sideways.
Mayday - You didn't miss anything! I decided not to blog about it since we had so many other things going on! Braeya LOVES IT and is pretty convinced it was a birthday gift for her. We enjoy sitting out there too - though I still do my regular work in my office just because it's convenient with all my supplies in there. We are grateful for the chance to have it though!
Shari - You are so very right! And you are welcome ANY TIME!
Heather - I don't know how you didn't know! Come see it sometime! I got my wreaths at Hobby Lobby. We have six hanging up - two on each of the three window sides!
Tamara - Thank you!! :)
Lori - I just talked to you; shoulda told you on the phone! These are on the inside, yes, and it's good or after today they would have been on their way to see you!
I love the screened in porch. Great addition. Are you going to have your house on the church’s Christmas tour this year? It would be perfect. I enjoyed seeing your decorations.
Oh my is that cozy and lovely!!
Post a Comment