Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Road Trip to Georgia!!

Let the road trip stories commence...starting with this week's podcast! There are some real gems in here!

So I told you on Sunday that we had a fast trip to Atlanta, Georgia this past weekend, and I wanted to tell you more about our road trip. Today I'll tell you about the actual road tripping part and tomorrow I'll tell you about the friend fun part!

We started out really early Friday morning; we were on the road by 6:00! Our goal was to try to miss most of the rush hour madness in all of the major cities we had to travel through. Indianapolis was probably our biggest gamble, since we showed up there around 7:00, but we squeaked through ahead of the worst of it.

We probably shouldn't be models for first thing in the morning. :)
It was a chilly day, but there was a pretty sunrise, and we traveled in sunshine all day long!
As we approached the Ohio River to cross into Kentucky, we saw the skyline for Louisville. It was almost a year ago that we spent the weekend there for our sixth anniversary!
Well hello there, Kentucky! Good to see you!
As we got into Kentucky, we saw some awfully pretty hills. We seem to have missed peak leaf season by about a week or so, but the hills still had color, and I appreciated them for sure!
Wouldn't you just know it...when we arrived at the Kentucky/Tennessee line, there was some major road construction, and they had taken down the Welcome to Tennessee sign. I joked with Ryan that I was going to write to the Tennessee DOT and tell them they interfered with my memory making. (I'm totally kidding.) I made a memory. Right there with the map.
Tennessee had some beautiful sights to enjoy, too!
And a hello there, Nashville! (I'll be seeing that skyline again pretty soon.)
Ryan and I had fun playing games and staying busy as we drove. Lots of great conversation, lots of learning Christmas music for our church program, and lots of Family Feud!

At last...we made it to Georgia!
We checked into our hotel, which had a most interesting elevator setup:
Do you see it?

We spent Friday evening and most of the day Saturday with Mark and Lynnette and their sweet new girl, but I'll tell you more about that later.

Here, though, are some other highlights from the road trip portion of our vacation:

We left Georgia about 5:00 Saturday evening, and we enjoyed a stunning sunset as we headed back toward Tennessee:
Happily, at this location, we also had a Welcome to Tennessee sign!
We had our hearts set on Chick-fil-A for dinner, but alas, we decided to wait until we were through Chattanooga before we stopped, and evidently this section of Tennessee is completely void of such franchises until you get up toward Nashville. I was hangry way before then. So McDonald's is kind of like Chick-fil-A, right?

Nashville by night:
And once again at the Tennessee/Kentucky line, we found zero Welcome to Kentucky signs. So pretend this is one.
Our original plan had been to drive straight through until we arrived home, but that would have meant driving until 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, so we decided to stay out one more night, sleep in a bit on time-change day, and arrive home in the afternoon, giving us a little time to rest before Ryan had to return to work on Monday.

Still waking up...
This will make sense if you've heard the podcast:
A fantastic sign at a bar beside our hotel. (No, Mom, we did not go to the bar. I just read the sign as we drove out, and I asked Ryan to back up so I could take a picture.)
Inviting, right?

YAY!!!!!!!
Thanks for traveling with us!! :) Hope you enjoyed your trip!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

What a fun and quick trip! You are amazing to drive all that way!

Bekah said...

Ryan. RYAN is amazing to drive all that way. LOL!! I just take the pictures.