But The Conversation Cafe will pop up now and then too, and in this podcast, I'll have a chance to introduce you to new friends! My very first episode is up today, and I think it's an appropriate day, because my guest is Melissa Hernandez, the owner of Simply Bliss Boutique, and since it's Black Friday, you can listen while you wait in crazy long lines! :) And if you get tired of crazy long lines, you can hop online to shop Simply Bliss!
Hope you enjoy episode 1 of the Conversation Cafe, and I know you're going to love Melissa! :)
And now...wanna see Thanksgiving? {Are you even out of your own turkey coma?}
I am because...I don't like turkey! Ha! I bet you can't tell here which plate was mine and which was Ryan's:
This year, we spent Thanksgiving with my family, and Mom put together a delicious lunch! {Ryan vouched for the parts I didn't eat.}
I am because...I don't like turkey! Ha! I bet you can't tell here which plate was mine and which was Ryan's:
This year, we spent Thanksgiving with my family, and Mom put together a delicious lunch! {Ryan vouched for the parts I didn't eat.}
I don't remember what led to these faces, but here we are!!
Have I even told you that I apparently broke a toe (maybe more than one) this week? I get around pretty well most of the time, but I wore cute boots to Thanksgiving and that was a mistake. Back to elevation I went.
And that's my "bring me my coffee and get out of my way" face.
My sister Skyped in from Kansas:
And apparently, when it was time for the group pic, Dad wanted to hide.
I thought Julie and I needed a new picture together:
And of course, I can't go without saying again how thankful I am for Ryan and how well he loves me - AND my whole family. He is a blessing!
I told him yesterday that I so well remember the Thanksgiving of six years ago, when I just didn't think life would ever turn around for the better again, but God had a beautiful plan waiting. I am thankful - for the season of hard and the season of beauty!
PS!!! I almost forgot to tell you I bought that shirt from Simply Bliss. I thought it was a good choice for the day!

4 comments:
Your plate is nearly empty!!
Hope your toes are healing ):
So exciting to be doing interviews on the podcast!
How did you break your toes? Inquiring minds want to know!! Hope your toesies heal quickly because that can't be fun! And happy (belated) Thanksgiving!
Tamar - That is my typical Thanksgiving plate. The only empty one I ever have! :)
Christina - MAN, I wish I had a great story for you. Like I was rescuing someone from peril or something. But the truth is, I was sitting on the couch with my left leg folded under my right. When I stood up to walk away, I didn't know the computer cord was strung in front of my newly unfolded left leg. I tripped and my right leg kicked straight into the ottoman in front of me....with the toes. Sigh. Call me grace.
Happy Thanksgiving, late. I broke a toe last year and it was The Worst! I couldn't run for several weeks and it healed wonky. The toe that I broke looks strange to this day- it's bigger than it used to be. Maybe (hopefully!) yours heal better.
Post a Comment