One whole year has passed since we started this fun little project we produce every week, and I wanted to spend today throwing a little blog-birthday party for our podcast! {And oh how I would dearly love to have a whole cake for the occasion too, but alas, it's not in the eating plan for today.}
Before I start the party, here is the 52nd episode for your listening pleasure!

Spill the Beans was born after I'd turned in my resignation at WBCL. Ryan and I loved radio so much and while we knew leaving was right, we hated to think of never having the opportunity to banter on air like we'd done upon occasion there. So we consulted with my friend Craig, who is quite knowledgeable about such things, and he wrote out a list of every piece of equipment we would need to start our podcast.
Ryan did the research online and purchased it all, and then Craig {BLESS HIS HEART!!!} sat down and created a video tutorial for me to show me how to hook everything up and how to use the editing software. I watched the video, took careful notes, and began practicing all the recording and editing. It felt like my first week at the station all over again!
Craig {are you seeing a theme here? Craig is the genius force behind it all!!} also created and recorded our opening and closing music, and my friend Ron {another station genius} provided the music for the middle of the podcast.
That was how, a year ago, Ryan and I sat down {very nervously, I might add} at our dining room table, and began to record. I haven't gone back to listen to that first episode lately, but I can imagine all the fear is right out there in front, and our scripted beginnings sound just like that: scripted.
We've found our groove in this past year, and this is one of the many things that I love doing together with Ryan. He makes podcasting fun!
Thanks for listening along with us for the past year, and we're planning to plow right into a second year starting next week. It'll be fun! :)
I also wanted to let you know that for those of you who have asked for daily editions {ahem...you know who you are}...well, you're still not going to completely receive your wish, but I do have some good news for you!
I've been given the opportunity to start doing a little interviewing again, like I did back at the station, and I'm excited to do more of it. I missed that, too! So starting next week, there will be occasional additional podcasts called The Conversation Cafe, featuring interviews with a variety of people. Ryan isn't joining me for this one {at least usually} but I'll be there with new friends to share with you!
Thanks so much for joining us for podcast fun each week. You brighten our days when you share what you love about Spill the Beans!
{And by all means - if you happen upon some cake today, EAT IT in honor of this auspicious occasion. I thank you for it.}
2 comments:
A year already!? Wow!! I love listening, you guys are just so fun!
How can it possibly be a year already? How can time just keep going faster?!! Tuesdays are now one of my favorite days of the week due to your podcast! Congratulations on a job well done and I look forward to MANY more Tuesdays! Thank you!
Post a Comment