Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Saturday Six

One.
Did you read about this ADORABLE drink? A mini frappe! If it were up to me, all frappes would be venti {that's code for HUGE if you don't frequent Starbucks} but I admit my go-to size is the grande. I don't get a frappe very often, so I figure if I'm getting a treat, I'm getting a grande. {That's a medium.} But now Starbucks is introducing, at least for a while, a mini version. So cute!!

Two.


You know I'm a big fan of 19 Kids and Counting. {Ryan's not as much, so I binge watch when he's gone. I'm actually currently watching the birth of Baby Dillard while I write this to you...} I had heard through the social media grapevine that Josh was over at Purdue University fairly recently, but I had no idea I actually KNEW someone who went to hear him! {Knowing someone through Twitter counts, right???} Charity sent me this blog post she wrote about going to hear him and actually meeting him. Sounds like he's as down to earth and kind in real life as he appears on TV. That's always good to hear. Impressed, Charity!! 

Three.


Need a giggle? My sister Julie posted this on my birthday. I think we've come a long way, Baby!! {Was I constipated?? I don't want to know.} {Also....it seems several people in my life posted Bekah Throwbacks for my birthday. Some were soooooooooooooooooooo oh. my. word.}

Four.


My friend Judy texted me this week and asked if the countdown was on yet for my last day of work. She was shocked when I said no. In truth - I've been SO BUSY trying to get everything ready for whoever the new me will be that I haven't even had time to think about being excited for my new chapter. But she's right. A countdown - complete WITH CHAIN - is necessary. She even offered to make the chain for me! Or...I could use this one! It's really for vacations, which I also love to count down to, but seriously HOW CUTE is this??? Free printable!

Five.
Lynne talked about this pallet flag craft project on our We Like It Wednesday discussion, last week, I think. I love this and have aspirations of making one this summer. {PRETTY sure we have a pallet in the garage.} Meanwhile, there are SO many cute porch ideas in this post!!!

 Six.

I adore this new song from Colton Dixon. Have you heard it??
 

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

The mini frappe looks so cute!
I loved seeing the throwbacks on your wall (-: Hope you had a great day!

Unknown said...

I just learned last week about Trenta at Starbucks. It's the next size after Venti. . . 32 ounces!

Shari said...

Just had to ask you: Have you been to the Hostess House in Marion? It is wonderful and I would be very surprised if you have never been there! My Bible Study friends and I went there this past week. Oh, and BTW, thanks for letting us know about the mini! Hope it stays!

Bekah said...

Tamar - Cute enough to get two, isn't it??? I did have a great birthday - recap coming next week!!

Tracy - Our engineer at work gets that sometimes. I have never taken it on but have wanted to!!

Shari - I have! I LOVE their chicken salad!!! I haven't been there in a long time; I think maybe the last time I was there was right before I started at the station. I spoke at a book club meeting one evening. It's delicious!!!

Charity said...

I feel like the coolest person in the world now! Never been mentioned on anyone's blog! Whoo Hooo!! Thanks Bekah!

Natasha said...

I thought of you when I heard about the mini frappe! Although I'm not sure why :)

I enjoyed seeing all the Bekah birthday throwback pictures on Facebook :) They made me smile!

And Sam has had the same countdown calendar going since January. He just keeps picking the next thing to count down too and crossing it off on a white sheet of paper so it's looking a little crazy right now :)