Saturday, April 06, 2019

The Saturday Six

One.

This little pantry looks a lot like ours. And anyone who actually makes over and decorates her pantry is a hero in my mind!! Love this!

Two.

A thousand hearty amens to this post by my friend Sarah Forgrave. This week, she released a book of prayers for caregivers, and it's a book I wish I would have been able to read during our season of caring for Ryan's mom. I know that when I do get to read it, I'll find words that would have carried me well in that time! But this week, she also released this post of ways to pray for caregivers, and I shout a loud YES to all of them. If you know of people serving as a caregiver, pause to read these important words and pray over these things for them!

Three.

This week, I made the Dashing Dish Chocolate Covered Cherry Protein Shake for the first time, and I LOVED it. I'm usually more of a chocolate covered strawberry flavor kind of girl, but this was really good. It's one of the free recipes, so I thought I'd share it with you!

Four.

I still remember the day I heard about Tricia Reitler's disappearance. I think it would be the hardest form of grief to feel like your loved one must surely be gone - but yet you don't have true closure. So hard.

Five.

Love bald eagles but don't have any around you? Check out this live webcam to see what's happening in a nest out in Washington D.C!

Six.

I'm going to tell you more about this book next week, but I'm on the launch team for Mended, a book written by my friend Blythe Daniel and her mom, Helen McIntosh. The book is geared toward mending relationships between mothers and daughters, but I have to tell you the principles in the book apply to just about any relationship, not just mothers and daughters. The book releases this coming Tuesday, and you can watch a trailer for it here, if you would like!

1 comment:

Tamar SB said...

That pantry is adorable!!