Sunday, December 02, 2018

The Shafferland (Anniversary) Shuffle

I love today, not just because it's our anniversary, but because it's the same day of the week when we actually got married six years ago. We chose Sunday for two reasons. In no particular order, we picked it because that's when our coordinator was available and because we thought it would be special to get married on the Lord's day. We wanted our ceremony to honor Him, and we hope it was a time of worship and celebration for all who attended!

So happy anniversary, Ryan! I love you! And I loved this day!

And while we remember all our favorite moments of our wedding day...here are some of the highlights of our past week!

* Our church is decorated so beautifully for Christmas! Even though last Sunday was technically a Thanksgiving service, we enjoyed all the Christmas beauty! We had a lovely, restful afternoon, and that night we had breakfast for dinner. Scrambled eggs and Almond Joy pancakes. Delicious. I also snapped this picture of Ryan doing his Bible study prep. Makes my heart so happy to see him studying!

* One of Ryan's co-workers went home sick with the flu on Monday, so I yanked out the essential oils and ramped them up. I smelled like a tornado of scents and did not even care. NOT GETTING SICK!!!! We were gifted this super cute Christmas tree made out of coffee filters, which is so perfect for our coffee themed kitchen. And also as a hat, per Ryan.

* Ryan and I rarely go out for lunch, because I almost always cook for us. But I'd been craving a hamburger all week, so we got all super wild and crazy and headed to Wendy's for lunch on Tuesday. It. Was. So. Good. I worked at home the rest of the day (with my trusty helper girl who kept my feet warm by sitting o them) and that night I braved the frigidity that has settled over our state. This may be my look until spring, unfortunately.

* I gave myself a pedicure on Wednesday. Winter feet matter too! All our Christmas cards arrived, and I was so excited, because I'm ready to get those mailed out! We took care of Ryan's mom that afternoon and evening, and on our way to take her home, we stopped by my parents' house to visit for a while. Mom gave us a super cute glittery snow globe as an early Christmas gift. (It is the most mesmerizing little thing. I'm watching it right now, as a matter of fact.)

* Thursday (in addition to staring at my glittery snow globe) I did a ton of chores at home, got Ryan's anniversary gift wrapped and ready to go, and then I ran out to do just a couple of last minute errands. I wanted to buy a bottle of sparkling grape juice for us to have on our anniversary, and you know what? I GOT CARDED buying it! It made me laugh. The lady at the grocery store asked for my ID, and I said, "Well I mean I can show it to you, but do you really need it?" She said, "Oh! Habit!"

* Ryan had Friday off work so we could have a fun anniversary weekend together. SO many stories for you about that, but the quick version was that we spent the day in Louisville, touring the Louisville Slugger museum, drinking coffee, walking around looking at the lights, and having an absolute blast together.

* Yesterday did not let us down in terms of stories. (It actually could have laid off just a FEW of the stories we collected.) We slept in super late and had a really fun day together, visiting new-to-us places and even driving through a Christmas light display that was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It may have rained all day, but we didn't let that stop our fun!

So until we can share all our fun stories with you next week, I leave you with one more anniversary throwback picture!!

5 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Happy anniversary!!
So funny about being carded!!

Maria Rineer said...

Happy anniversary!

Shari said...

Happy Anniversary; love the wedding pictures! Also love that cute snow globe!! :)

Anonymous said...

Now I remember where I was and what I was doing six years ago--beautiful day and beautiful wedding!! Lois

Bekah said...

Thank you so much for the good wishes, everyone! We had a wonderful day! :)